Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

Re: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

You still don't have a diagnosis though so just wait and see ok.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

If it was just an infection it would only be slightly raised and they said high. It's scary but I need to accept I most likely have it and so need to come to terms with it and stop googling it as it doesn't help to read the many horror stories. I just hope my meds can be sorted out quickly and they don't cause horrible side effects. I also hope I can find the courage to get through the tests as I am a total wimp when it comes to pain.

What if it turns out that you have had a false positive test result?

That is extremely rare Pulisa.
    I am scared, unbelievably so but from my research it is rare to have a high result and not have an IBD. Mine is presenting differently then the standard person as I am still eating a lot, working and not in agony, just a bit of mild discomfort with my ribs but I have heard that just because someone feels fine with an IBD it doesn't mean their insides are. Just have to hope no operation is needed.

It's not rare in the slightest. Where'd you get that information? You still insist on self diagnosis when everything points to the obvious, which you conveniently choose to ignore, that you've recovered from whatever you had - maybe a parasitic or viral infection. Another question, why do you think you need meds with no symptoms if you think they'll cause you pain. And this presenting differently from the average person is rubbish. You are NOT qualified to make any medical statement at all about your alleged condition until you have a DEFINITIVE diagnosis, not by Dr Google

What exactly did the doctor actually say to you over the phone. Can you write it down like a quote word for word as much as you can remember it?

Admittedly Google but I really do think I have it as it is rare not to with a high level and even people on this forum who have had raised levels have been diagnosed with a form of colitis, namely microscopic colitis which I don't think I have as I had bleeding and bleeding not common with that.
    As I said my only symptom now is a sore, aching feeling in my ribs but my doctor seems sure I have it as her exact words were "We need to get you onto meds as soon as possible."Even if I feel generally ok, my insides are probably a mess. Read that can be the case even if you feel fine. I am just trying to face facts. I know the consultant will say as much.

Just because she said you need meds doesn't mean you have an IBD. Did she specify which ones?? "As soon as possible" is right away, not after weeks and weeks. Something doesn't ring right here

Ok the phone conversation went like this:
    D (Doctor)
    M (Me)

D: Hi, is that Jenni?
    M: Yes, it is
    D: Are you able to talk now?
    M: Yes, I am able to,
    D: So I am ringing to let you know your calprotectin level was high. This can indicate an IBD.
    M: Ok. So how high was it?
    D: I know you had 2 negative stool samples and that you have discussed your blood test with (Other doctor). Right now because of the abnormal calprotectin level, we need to look at referring you as quickly as possible.
    M: Ok, how long will this take?
    D: Because you are young we are making it an urgent referral so within the month. This is so you can get on the appropriate medication for IBD. If you don't hear within 3 weeks, please call back.

That was the general gist, she also asked if I was still having diarrhoea and seemed surprised that I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by wilky44 View Post
    Just because she said you need meds doesn't mean you have an IBD. Did she specify which ones?? "As soon as possible" is right away, not after weeks and weeks. Something doesn't ring right here
    Hmm not so sure wilky44 Just reading the last bit from Jennie's Dr the way I read it well what you think?Also note the 4th D down a bit conflicting in some ways. ATB

Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread Information