Page 64 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

Re: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

That is appalling in terms of NHS waiting times.

Pulisa, it is kind of hard to ignore. Although it isn't excruciating, it is like a dull ache all the time and makes everyday life difficult. I am reassured the FC wasn't sky high (Otherwise I would have been seen) but although the diarrhoea and bleeding has stopped I still have this intestine issue. As I said before, there is really no point them repeating the tests as there is clearly still an issue with my intestines being inflammed so an FC would be abnormal. I just need an endoscopy/possible colonscopy.

Tell me about it Nic it truly is in a huge mess more money is deffinately needed and yet the present government would sooner invest in HS2 which iimho isn't really needed I could go on people waitng on trolleys for hrs on end and in ambulances this isn't the NHS as I knew it Florence Nightingale would turn in her grave if she knew the current state our health service is in more needs to be done now even when the winter has gone the NHS will still be on it's knees Fact Sorry for hijacking Jennies thread but it had to be said. Rant over ATB

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

In the mean time Jennie like a few have suggested get some OTC from the chemist just for some relief ATB

In fairness I am more annoyed with my GP for telling me I had a probable IBD and saying I was an urgent case and would be seen within the month. I would have gone private if I had known it would drag on this long. The gastro obviously doesn't see my FC as a major concern so I am confused.
    If it isn't going to continue to drag I will have to go private as the anxiety is ruining my life and I need to know what is going on in my intestines.

Just be aware of the costs Jenni - it won't be cheap going private. I have no idea how much the tests cost but when I saw my consultant privately 9 years ago that was £95 just to see him with no tests at all so it would be much more now.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes it wil go into the thousands. I just feel that I can't mentally wait another good few months, it is taking over my life this worry. I am convinced I have crohns and obviously the longer it goes untreated the worse the damage will be.

But then you put yourself in debt and for what?

What are you waiting for now - is the doctor calling you back or what? Please remember that they will not give you an appointment with a consultant if they do not feel it is necessary - as with me previously mentioned on here.

Even if you DO have crohn's it does not mean that left untreated it will cause damage. Mine never did.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Why not just have a free NHS repeat calprotectin test? If the level is normal then you will be very relieved...I hope? Just do what the Consultant suggests? Even if you KNOW you have IBD...It will be free. You will pay mega bucks for the same test privately plus the Consultant's fee.

It's peace of mind though. I am pretty sure it is IBD and my stomach feels tight and like there is a narrowing. I can't leave that. By having the test repeated it is wasting more time and I am pretty sure it will come back high again. I also can't leave this stomach issue, it is really worrying me now.
    Right now I will pay any money to be seen very quickly and receive the diagnosis so I can start to live my life again.

Book an appointment with a private gastroenterologist then. You will need a referral from your GP though. Be prepared to have to spend a lot of money for a diagnosis which you may not find acceptable.

Thinking about it as well, if I do have IBD it will turn severe. Never had symptoms before October but I had bloody diarrhoea for a few days back when I thought I just had a bug. If I can have bloody diarrhoea in such a short onset of the IBD starting then I need to be very proactive in getting a diagnosis

Page 64 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread Information