Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My Story - My Ven Journey

Re: My Story - My Ven Journey

Hi Jem, hopefully you’ll get there soon, you’ve done it before and you’ll do it again . I know it’s rough feeling like you can’t do anything but I always find getting out for a walk really helps. I really have to push myself sometimes but I always feel proud of myself for it. I’m 3 days into increasing to 300mg and also feeling the increasing anxiety hard at the moment. I’m hoping this will be the dose for me as i’ve always had to get up to max dose on antidepressants before they’re effective. I’m also on mirtazapine and quetiapine so I’m currently a walking pharmacy

Just over 3 weeks on the increased dose now, the excess anxiety has settled. My anxiety in general is slightly better but still having issues. I'm tense slot of the time, I have that uncomfortable feeling in my tummy and chest like something is wrong but I dont know what. I have no energy and everything is an effort, my arms and legs feel heavy and my head feels full and heavy. I'm sleeping fine, in fact I think I could sleep all day if I let myself. All I want to do is eat. I still think about it pretty much 24/7 but I am able to function now. I get wound up and stressed out very easily and it takes me ages to muster up any effort to do anything. I dont feel sad but I dont feel happy either and I'm struggling to find any enjoyment in things. I'm still locked into myself. I have a doctors appointment on monday and my other half is coming with me so we will see what my doc says then. I hope you are all doing ok on your own ven journeys and I'll update after I've been on monday. Take care all and happy new year. X

Quote Originally Posted by Jem21 View Post
    I have that uncomfortable feeling in my tummy and chest like something is wrong but I dont know what. I have no energy and everything is an effort, my arms and legs feel heavy and my head feels full and heavy. I'm sleeping fine, in fact I think I could sleep all day if I let myself. All I want to do is eat. I still think about it pretty much 24/7 but I am able to function now. I get wound up and stressed out very easily and it takes me ages to muster up any effort to do anything. I dont feel sad but I dont feel happy either and I'm struggling to find any enjoyment in things. I'm still locked into myself.
    Three weeks is still very early days, Jemma. Unfortunately, there is nothing quick about ADs. Their therapeutic effect is mediated by biological changes and brain cells don't grow overnight. The anxiety easing is a good sign.

The best way for me to explain my Ven journey is this.

I see my anxiety as a door in my head which 6mths back, was constantly knocking and when I opened it Mr fear,anxiety,panic would just push past me run around in my head making me feel bad. As time has passed and Ven increased I find the door still is knocking but not so much and now when I open it maybe one will push past me but I can slam the door on the other two and the one who pushed past the door gets bored and leaves after a short time.
    This is the only med that I can feel working in my head and I've tried a few over the years so I hope that the door knocking gets less and less.

Hope that makes sence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem21 View Post
    Just over 3 weeks on the increased dose now, the excess anxiety has settled. My anxiety in general is slightly better but still having issues. I'm tense slot of the time, I have that uncomfortable feeling in my tummy and chest like something is wrong but I dont know what. I have no energy and everything is an effort, my arms and legs feel heavy and my head feels full and heavy. I'm sleeping fine, in fact I think I could sleep all day if I let myself. All I want to do is eat. I still think about it pretty much 24/7 but I am able to function now. I get wound up and stressed out very easily and it takes me ages to muster up any effort to do anything. I dont feel sad but I dont feel happy either and I'm struggling to find any enjoyment in things. I'm still locked into myself. I have a doctors appointment on monday and my other half is coming with me so we will see what my doc says then. I hope you are all doing ok on your own ven journeys and I'll update after I've been on monday. Take care all and happy new year. X
    This is exactly how I’m feeling now, two weeks into 300mg. How are things now Jem?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information