Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: My Story - My Ven Journey

Re: My Story - My Ven Journey

Bumping this post back up. As iv started venlafaxine today along with my mirtazapine. Suffering with intense derealization. Praying this will work. Started on 37.5mg twice per day but considering just taking the 37.5 for a couple of weeks first. Hence scared if feeling worse x

@JEM 21- your post is very encouraging. Right now i'm at 25 MG of venlafaxine IR. I take half a pill twice a day. I'm supposed to double to dose tomorrow, but i'm too scared to take the leap. Right now I am feeling anxious. I also didn't get much sleep yesterday, so that could be part of the reason. I'm very sensitive to meds :( I just want to be anxiety free!

Can ventlafaxine work at 75xl after 30 days

It's nice to know my post has helped someone, it's been a bit of a help to me too recently. I settled well on 75mg and I've been fine for 6 months, then about 3 weeks ago I felt my anxiety building up again. I called the doctors and they increased me to 112.5 which I will have been on 3 weeks tomorrow. Been back today for a review and the anxiety is no better so we have decided to increase to 150mg tomorrow. Must admit I'm petrified but I need to do something as this anxiety is driving me nuts. Got another review at the doctors two weeks today. I'm still going to work which has been tough, I also have quite a few diazepam left from when I first started these, managed to not use any yet but that could change. Here goes.

Well yes that certainly did change, i wound up taking a diazepam at about half 6 last night as had a bit of a melt down and crying fit. Stayed at my parents and went to bed about half 9, took a while to get to sleep and i tossed and turned for a bit. Woke up at quarter to 6 this morning with really high anxiety, laid in bed till 7 then got up. Took my first 150mg dose today and i've had a very shakey day up to now, managed a piece of bread to take my tablet this morning and also just managed a chicken sarnie for Lunch. I'm trying to keep busy at work but it's hard when you have the anxiety/shaky feeling. Also having a lot of scary thoughts, like what if the tablets don't work and will this anxiety ever go. Can't say it's much fun.
    Going to go out and about this afternoon so that should pass a bit of time.
    Till later Ven buddies. x

Day 2 today and it's been another anxiety filled day.
    The anxiety eased a little yesterday afternoon but i just felt weird, it came back at tea time though, i managed some dinner at my parents, they had done a BBQ so i forced some chicken down and some potatoes. The anxiety cleared a bit later on but i felt strange and quite flat. Went to bed at half 9 and slept through till 6 this morning, also had a really vivid dream last night which i remembered really clearly this morning. Had anxiety all day day and quite a few worrying thoughts which ramp it up again. It's been like that on and off for most of the day. Been a busy one at work though although i felt myself zoning out at times. When it's not full blown anxiety it's an on edge shakey feeling, also tensing my shoulders and arms up alot. Going to go back and sleep at home tonight i think. Not needed any diazepam as yet on this increase but i know it's really early. Still having a lot of scary thoughts about the medication not working though.
    Got to battle on through Ven Warriors!!

Good morning day 3, last night was manageable, went home and had a bit of tea and watched some tv. Went to bed about 10 but it took a good two hours to get to sleep. Felt quite calm but had some tummy ache and quite restless until I fell asleep about 12. Woke at 7 this morning and feel quite shaky. I can really feel it in my legs and can't decide if I am jaw clenching slightly. Got lots of meetings at work this morning so that should keep me fairly busy. Here's hoping it's an ok day. Till later x

Day 3 was fairly difficult, I felt spaced out through most of my morning meetings, I left work about 3 and went over to visit my Nan, came home and took a diazepam the evening was alright after that, went to Sainsbury's with my partner to get some tea and managed to eat it all.

Day 4 started shaky but I went to work and coped ok, came home and my partner and the boys were out at rugby so I had a shower and washed my hair, made myself beans on toast and watched tv till they all came home at half ten. No diazepam needed.
    Day 5 wasn't as good. Pottered about at home in the morning, I was very shaky and foggy headed. Went out on the motorbike with my partner in the afternoon to visit my Nan, was getting wound up with thoughts all afternoon. Came home and it went quite downhill. Took the dog for a walk but it didn't settle so took a diazepam about half 7 and then went to bed about quarter past nine.

Day 6... slept till half 9 this morning, another vivid dream last night. Woke quite shaky with a headache and foggy head. Am going out this afternoon to watch my step son play rugby. Feel quite flat today as well.
    I hope today is better than yesterday but I know I am in side effects window at the moment so diazepam on standby.

Till later fellow venners xx

I am glad you are managing ok and not to many diazepam , I am 4 weeks in to increase to 112.5 but think I will have to go up again as anxiety been high the last 2 days keek posting I will b reading your log with interest Take care. Linda. X

Hi all....

Day 10 today, not really updated this for the last few days and things have been bad.
    It all got quite worse from day 7, the anxiety really ramped up and things have been difficult. I've needed a diazepam the last few days to try and take the edge off but it's been really quite scary.

Today i'm praying that the extra anxiety side effect is calming down. Managed today up to now with no diazepam, i had quite high anxiety when i first woke up which settled to under the surface anxiety. I've felt quite spaced/zoned today and it's been quite hard to concentrate. Also had a really bad tired spell early for a couple of hours, it felt like i was dragging myself around and i really just wanted to sleep at my desk. It's so hard being at work but least i'm with people when i'm here rather than be at home on my own all day while everyone is at work. Most people at work know so i don't have to pretend.

Went for blood tests at the doctors this morning and i have a review with the doctor on Monday for my blood results and a ven review as i will have been on the 150mg for 2 weeks then.
    I think the only way i can explain how i'm feeling is kinda flat and shaky.
    Let's hope i am over the worst, this has by far been the hardest increase out of them all.
    Take care xxx

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information