Thread: Don't know what to do..

Don't know what to do..

Hi everyone. My Zoloft wasn't working for me so after a month of 50mgs the gp told me to come off it cold turkey. I ran out of my pregabalin which I take also and my GP didn't put me on repeat prescription stupidly, so I had to wait about 3 days until I could pick it up with her consent. So I was off all my pills. Honestly and not to sound dramatic but I started to have the chills, profuse sweating, I vomited, felt faint and had insomnia. Could this be a withdrawal even after just a few days without? The pregabalin or Zoloft or both or am I just unwell? I still feel a tad sick. I've only been on it about 4? Months. And am only on 150mgs. But I certainly felt awful. I've taken my pill now, but it really scared me. I worry if I ever come off it how bad the withdrawal could be and it's making me almost want to taper off it altogether. I know cold turkey is a no no but regardless it is scary. 😥 Ssris don't work for me unfortunately, I've tried a few and they just make me exhausted.. so I'm just unsure whether to stay on this for always as I don't know any alternative. I take it for restless leg syndrome and GAD and OCD but it's not much touched my anxiety. It just frightened me.. I feel I could go it alone some days but worry if I do go off it I'll relapse mentally. Sorry for the rant everyone!

Re: Don't know what to do..

I dont know anything about your medication, but i know i was on meds that you are supposed to come off slowly, but i came off cold turkey. Big mistake. I felt awful. I hadnt been on that them long, so thought it would be ok. I ended up going back on them and gradually came off. You need to go back to your doctor and talk it over with him and get the right dosage sorted out.

Hi Emmielou92 - If you stopped both pregabalin and the Zoloft at the same time, there is a good chance that what you experienced was withdrawal from one or both of the meds, perhaps made worse by anxiety about what you were doing. As a general rule, it's safest to taper down from any psychoactive med. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't take the med at all - if it is helpful, that is the most important thing. You said that 150 mg daily of pregabalin isn't working for your GAD. I'd actually try increasing the dose before deciding to stop altogether. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicless View Post
    I dont know anything about your medication, but i know i was on meds that you are supposed to come off slowly, but i came off cold turkey. Big mistake. I felt awful. I hadnt been on that them long, so thought it would be ok. I ended up going back on them and gradually came off. You need to go back to your doctor and talk it over with him and get the right dosage sorted out.

Thank you for the advice! I'm sorry you felt so bad, it's a little scary how potent it is. I think you're right.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    Hi Emmielou92 - If you stopped both pregabalin and the Zoloft at the same time, there is a good chance that what you experienced was withdrawal from one or both of the meds, perhaps made worse by anxiety about what you were doing. As a general rule, it's safest to taper down from any psychoactive med. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't take the med at all - if it is helpful, that is the most important thing. You said that 150 mg daily of pregabalin isn't working for your GAD. I'd actually try increasing the dose before deciding to stop altogether. Good luck.
    Thank you for the advice, I think you're right there and it was a withdrawal. It scared me in honestly how potent it is. But yes, I think it's helped with my restless legs. I will request an increase and see if that helps. Thank you!

Thread Information