Thread: Can you get hiv from sitting on blood on toilet?

Can you get hiv from sitting on blood on toilet?

Idk if it touched my vagina. I didnt see it before I sat down so it may have been mine, but im afraid it wasn't and I didnt see it. My pad also rubs under my butt sometimes so there may have been an open sore down there, im not sure.

Re: Can you get hiv from sitting on blood on toilet?

I once read about this - apparently, the skin is an amazing buffer for controlling bacteria from public toilet seats and blood included. If it were me I wouldn't worry about it especially if you had your period during the time then the likelihood of it being your blood is pretty high!

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    I once read about this - apparently, the skin is an amazing buffer for controlling bacteria from public toilet seats and blood included. If it were me I wouldn't worry about it especially if you had your period during the time then the likelihood of it being your blood is pretty high!
    Even if my pad was rubbing the skin down there and making it burn?

Did you have her period?
    I would say that you like me will always - even quickly - look at the toilet seat - we do.
    There is no way you would have sat down if you'd seen blood even subconsciously seen it you'd take a step back and look again. I don't imagine the rubbing would cause an open wound, but you're doing what I do and looking for reassurance. I think you know you're ok.
    Honestly I wouldn't think twice about it

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    Did you have her period?
    I would say that you like me will always - even quickly - look at the toilet seat - we do.
    There is no way you would have sat down if you'd seen blood even subconsciously seen it you'd take a step back and look again. I don't imagine the rubbing would cause an open wound, but you're doing what I do and looking for reassurance. I think you know you're ok.
    Honestly I wouldn't think twice about it
    Thank you!

HIV can't live outside of the body, so no. This happened to me once. I was recently tested and I was negative.

The old toilet seat myths were debunked years ago. HIV is so fragile outside of the body that it simply can't live long enough for it to happen. You would have to sit on it so fast you would probably be sitting on the person who leaked it.

Trust your CDC, they explain about this scenario on their website and how it's just not going to happen.

Thread Information