Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBT help

Re: CBT help

Simple answer really Helen cause they havent got HA this is why is it's so important to get more help for your HA so speak with your Dr and ask for help you it's the only way ATB

on top of others there's now tiny pink dry patch on part of arm that I'm trying not to worry about...

Hi sadly I don't think there is any point in this trying to point you in the right direction Get some professional help Helen ATB

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    on top of others there's now tiny pink dry patch on part of arm that I'm trying not to worry about...
    Go to a mirror right now and stare at your face without looking away for 5 or 10 minutes. The longer you stare the stranger your face starts to seem to you. Same with your spots etc. Stare at something that you would have just glanced at before HA for long enough and it will start to look strange or not normal. Thats my answer to your question so now do me the courtesy of answering mine.

Why do you come here? If it is for advice or reassurance then why do you keep coming back asking the same old questions over and over again?

Because the reassurance in a sense feels good, familt and friends think I'm over all this. As much as i know i shouldn't, i know I'm understood (maybe) in here.

Helen honestly I think we do understand that you need reassurance and it's fine to a point, but you do want to get better don't you? By constantly asking for reassurance you aren't getting better and are stuck in the same old cycle, you need to break free from this cycle Help is only a phone call away so please, please listen and take action if you ignore this what I have written you are on your own. ATB

Helen, I know reassurance is good for the short-term, the immediate relief. But honestly, it is not a healthy way to deal with it.

If you have had CBT before then I recommend reading it up online, there are so many online resources. You will likely only need a little refresher. YouTube videos can be good! It also feels less lonely.

Are you getting any other support?

Please understand that we are here for you, but we are acting in your best interests, I promise. You are okay! You will be okay! This is anxiety niggling at your brain and you can learn to control it again. Xx

What's your plan of action to get you back on track Helen? ATB

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

And offline she goes again ahh Well can say we haven't tried folks ATB

I plan to not keep checking but at the moment whenever I'm in bathroom I do check. I have a good few spots, which I know sound grim, I am clean and hygienic, but when I feel them or if they itch.

Thanks for your reply Helen, so that's a start so well done, but think you need to get the extra help you need to get 'you' back on track Even better if you have your therapist's contact number or the service provider that they are attached too. Think the sooner you now make this contact again the better for you Good luck ATB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information