Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CBT help

CBT help

so it appears the magic the therapist did on me regarding my anxiety has worn off.

I really need to adapt the methods I learnt but i need more help. I'm back into checking and scanning again and every spot i feel on my back I have to go check in more detail that it is a spot. Every chance i have lately i take off my top to check for moles/spots. *TRIGGER WARNING* The trigger for this is that family friend who mentioned their friend died of MM and had back mole.

Good news is that my ex and I are back together and no way in a million years do I want this to take over like it did.

Re: CBT help

Why not try cbt4panic.org its free and Robin is on this site.

And yes reducing the checking and re-assuring behaviours is a good place to start.

Good luck

Hi Helen total respect to you on this for admitting you need more/extra help and there is nothing wrong with this while online stuff is good like Elen suggests I prefer the personal approach so if you felt it helped I would now ask for more detailed sessions on this via your dr or you could try calling your therapist but either way get back on track Helen and work hard at it. Good luck ATB

Thank you.

I know its all in my head and a matter of me taking control like I have done time and time again. I don't want to be as bad as I was because it drained so much of who I am. Everyone has commented on how happy I am (prior ro reconciliation) and I feel like I'll let people down.
    Last edited by helenhoo; 02-12-17 at 12:55. Reason: spelling

The fact you are now taking action so quickly now is a positive step in the right direction what you have been going through is despair really it does drain you and makes you tired. No you haven't let any one down, it's just a relapse which you have clearly identified and now looking to put that right ATB

Hi Helen, CBT4Panic is a great resource. Another resource is this website:

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/

It's free and has a lot of worksheets, etc about how to utilize CBT. Good for you for coming and asking for more help! You are not back at square one. It's just a blip and sometimes we all need to review things from time to time again.

Thank you all.

Can I just ask one question, can newish moles be raised & be normal? One on leg ticks all the normal boxes when it comes ro colour, shape, symmetry etc but is slightly raised. Just need to know if this is normal.

I have slightly raised other moles that at some point must've been new themselves so I believe the answer is yes, it is normal but I can't seem to let this question go.

No Helen it isn't going to help you sorry, concern your self with getting help now please ATB

Before even going down the rabbit hole of that thought pattern, take a look at the CBT resources and see if it helps you work through this. You can do it! Key is to catch it now.

why can other people have spots on back and arms etc and not get worried? why do I worry? I have the odd handful of spots or prespots on my back at any given time. So does my boyfriend but he'll just pop them or pick them. Why do I panic?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information