Thread: Back to square one

Back to square one

Hi everyone, I have suffered with depression/anxiety and panic attacks for the last 7 years but thought i had conquered my demons. I gave birth to my 3rd child in April 2006 and for the first 3 months I seemed to be doing really well and there was no sign of the post-natal depression and panic attacks that I had suffered after my 2nd child. As the months have gone by I have started to feel really stressed and low and been suffering with the familiar anxiety symptoms although no full blown panic attacks as yet. I get little help from my partner as he works full time and even on his days off he does very little to help me and I feel as though I may as well be a single parent!! We are always arguing about money, housework, kids etc but I just can't tell him how I really feel, I have tried but he thinks I am coping o.k and the truth is I feel like I am falling apart again. We have quite alot of financial worries which isn't making things any easier and I am beginning to dread getting up in the morning. I used to constantly worry about my health and every little ache and pain would become something life threatening in my mind and I feel like I am going down the same route again. I am also drinking more than I should to try and block out the stress of my life and this in itself is worrying me as I know I am using alcohol as a crutch. It is quite a while since I came on this website and I have had to register myself again as I couldn't remember my pasword. This website helped me so much before and I know there are so many of you far worse than I am but I hope I can get the support I have had before, it really was my saviour before and it was tremendous comfort to know that you all understand what it is like to suffer from anxity/panoc attacks/depression etc. I also hope to offer my support and help to anyone I can. Thank you all for taking the time to read my post, sorry it is so long. I just hope I can conquer my fears once again and try and enjoy my life and my children and be the mum they deserve to have.
    Love Lisaxx

Re: Back to square one

Hello Lisa, back to you!

You already know you're among friends here, so you'll get plenty of help and support.

Sounds to me as though your kids have got a great mum already - you've had a lot to cope with.

Pleased to meet you!

Hi Lisa,

Welcome back to NMP. I'm glad you have decided to return when anxiety creeps back. You know we will be here to help.

Laura

Hi Lisa

Welcome to NMP its lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.

I hope we can help you get back on track hun, you have done it before and im sure you will get there again !

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Thanks for all the kind words of support, I hope I can get through this again but I just can't see the wood from the trees at the moment, my kids are the only thing I have in my life right now and I just feel like such a failure as I am always so stressed with everything and it is not their fault that I am like this. I have a 13 year old daughter who is going through the teenage mood swings at the moment and I feel as though I just can't communicate with her, we just end up shouting at each other and she actually told me she wanted to go live with her nan yesterday after we had a silly row. She wants to be off out with her friends all the time and I feel like I never see her and sometimes I just wish she would help out more around the house, i know that sounds selfish and she shouldn't have to really but I feel like I have to do everything for everyone and never get any time to myself. She is always asking for money for things and we just haven't got it to give her as we pay alot for her dancing lessons every week. I just feel so guilty that I can't give my kids more, I my daughter has a knack of making me feel like this. She has always been spoilt from an early age and has never gone without, she just isn't used to being told "NO". Anyway There is one good thing, she had her school report yesterday and it is excellent and I am really proud of her so I have obviously been doing something right!!!
    Will post again soon
    Love Lisa

Hi Lisa,

A big warm welcome back to you. xx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

hi lisa and welcome.........Linda

Hi Lisa

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and support and you meet some fab people here.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

minnie xxxx

Thread Information