Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seroxat

Seroxat

I am an ex Seroxat user, prescribed it for depression, but since coming off have developed anxiety...

check out my blog about Seroxat...

http://truthman30.wordpress.com/tag/...otic-narcotic/

Re: Seroxat

Hi there.
    I was prescribed Seroxat over a year ago for supposed depression. I started to feel really weird and unreal and got terrified and went back to my gp. He increased it! Still felt weird and it got worse. I went back to my gp and he increased it! Still felt the same, very unreal and didn't know who or where i was, and i was still working, went back to gp and he then said to slowly wean off it. So i did and now over a year later i am still suffering really badly with unreality, D/P, D/R, floaty feelings, feeling cloudy and not really here. The dizziness i get is awful and tinnitus and my ears shutting on and off and i lose my balance so badly that i fall over or walk into walls and doorframes. I was thinking this could be a neurological problem, MS, trapping of nerves (i have a bad neck), tumour, menieres disease, virtigo, etc. I've been to see a neurologist and he sent me for two MRI scans, one of the brain and one of the neck. Still waiting for the results, been about two months now and i won't get them until 4th July. (Will let you all know how i go on). But now i'm wondering if a lot of this could still be caused by the Seroxat that i took. A lot of similarities don't you think? Anyway, all i know is that i hate it, it frightens me and makes me so down and low that you think that you are just going to drop down dead or be locked up with your hands tied up!!
    I have been so scared over this past year and you put it down to depression, anxiety, PTSD etc, and wonder if you are taking all the advice and things that you read on here, other sites and books, why are you still no better. This could be why, but of course there is nothing that we can do. Thankyou for sharing this information with us though, it has really made me think and could possibly explain why i'm feeling so very bad most of the time.
    Last edited by angiebaby; 12-07-15 at 18:19.

Hi Truth

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP, its lovely to see you here i hope we can be of some help.

Love

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Thanks for the warm welcome HoneyBee

Just trying to get the truth out about Seroxat...

http://truthman30.wordpress.com/

Angie..

What you are experiencing is very common post seroxat symptoms (sometimes called protracted withdrawal), tinnitus , nerve damage, neck problems ( nerve, spasm, stiffness etc) ..

Feling like you are not in reality, detached, like you are losing your mind and the sense of who you are.. ( depersonalization, Akathisia, Derealization etc)

Seroxat can also cause and mimic all the symptoms you describe , PTSD, Depression, Increased Anxiety etc...

Read my blog and check out http://www.paxilprogress.org , its a Paxil( Seroxat) withdrawal support site .. Much of the stuff you describe has been written by hudreds of users in the posts there....

all the best
    Last edited by truthman; 24-06-07 at 04:47.

I did read a lot of the literature on the sites that you put on last night. And i did read, with interest, that these side effects can take approx 2 years cease, after the levels in the brain begin to correct themselves from the damage of the seroxat. Can i ask if you have read or if you know this to be true? It has been about a year post seroxat for me and because of how very ill and strange that i have been feeling this new information has given me hope. I never thought that these horrid feelings would go and never thought that i would be back to my 'normal' self, now i am praying and hoping that this is the medication that i had and when my levels correct i will become ME again. Is this possible and have you read any reports that state that after about 2 years these side effects do go away - for good!? Thanks in advance.x

Hello Truthman, to you!

Pleased to meet you - we're all here to help and support one another.

Tried to check out your blogg link but I must be doing something wrong - there were menus on either side of the page...but not much else?!!

I know nothing about bloggs (!) - do I have to click on something somewhere to see it??

Quote Originally Posted by angiebaby View Post
    I did read a lot of the literature on the sites that you put on last night. And i did read, with interest, that these side effects can take approx 2 years cease, after the levels in the brain begin to correct themselves from the damage of the seroxat. Can i ask if you have read or if you know this to be true? It has been about a year post seroxat for me and because of how very ill and strange that i have been feeling this new information has given me hope. I never thought that these horrid feelings would go and never thought that i would be back to my 'normal' self, now i am praying and hoping that this is the medication that i had and when my levels correct i will become ME again. Is this possible and have you read any reports that state that after about 2 years these side effects do go away - for good!? Thanks in advance.x

Hello Angie..

It depends on how long you were on seroxat , what you were diagnosed with, how it affected you etc... Everyone reacts differently but a lot of the withdrawal effects and side effects are common to everyone..

If you are 1 year post seroxat and you were on it a long time (over 2 years..) then it could take 2 to 3 years for your body to heal, but it all depends on things like, were you prescribed other meds? what dose were you on, your age , your metabolism etc...

check out http://www.paxilprogress.org and there is tons of information about Seroxat( Paxil in the US) .. I hope this helps

Hi Groovy Gran !

Maybe try these links to my blog...

http://truthman30.wordpress.com/

http://truthman30.wordpress.com/about/

Hi truthman and welcome to NMP, sorry to hear about your experience with seroxat, I am also an ex Seroxat user(i stopped in Feb 2005) but didn't suffer many side effects only pins and needles like sensations for first few days of taking it and then had some weird sensations after stopping it, a bit like electric shocks. I was only on it for 6 months and it did help me through a very bad patch of anxiety and depression and after trying so many different medication before I found that this was the only one that helped me, before taking it I had had depression and anxiety for 4 years and never thought I would get any better but after taking it I gradually got my life back. The depression and anxiety has recently returned as I am going through a bad patch with various life stresses but it is no where near as bad as before and I am reluctant to take seroxat again because of some of the things I have recently heard about it. I have returned to NMP after quite a long break as the support I got from here in the past was brilliant and it really did help me, you will meet some great people here who are always ready to support you and give you advice.
    Take care
    Lisa

Hi Truthman,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many here who also have anxiety and will get support.

Laura

Welcome ...Seroxat; how long do you have? Prescribed in 1992 and still on it. In its defence within 6 weeks I managed to start managing my almost constant (housebound) panic attacks. It enabled me to go forward to a point........but then tried to come off it. There my nightmare begins - Last year I had a review and the medics felt a hospital stay of 2 - 3 months to fully come off it!!!!!!! Consequently I'm still on it and even a slight shave of the tab to reduce the amount results in dramatic changes in my well being. Icing on the cake I can't sue as I have been on it too long!!!!!

Happy days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information