Thread: Severe symptoms. Anyone familiar with these?

Severe symptoms. Anyone familiar with these?

Hi.

Iīve suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember, but never had anything resembling an attack before this.

I was just hanging out at a friends house when all of a sudden I got this rushing sensation inside my whole torso. It was sort of a compact tingeling sensation that escalated with every breath, like it was millions of particles being hurled around.

After a couple of seconds I felt a severe preassure in my head, nose and ears along with a very paimful feeling of my entire mouth and tongue being pierced with needles - not the needles an pins thing - and blood or metallic taste. The dizziness was more violent and internal than the one you would experience after spinning around or the like. It was more internal and short back and forth motion, and it wasnt like I was really falling down. Evereything escalating with every breath. I don t know if it felt as if my blood was being sucked out of my head or being pushed in.

The whole thing lasted no more than 20 - 25 seconds.

Has anyone experienced this and know if it could be a panic attack or anxiety/depression?

It should be noted that my breathing was pretty normal and my heart didnīt start galloping until I felt the pressure in my head coming on.

Thanks.

Re: Severe symptoms. Anyone familiar with these?

This exact thing happened to me the other night!!!

I completely freaked out!

It was like the blood was being forced into or out of my head. I didn't know how to describe it. Afterwards I felt weak for a whole day.

I'm assuming it was panic. I'm not dead yet.

I'm sorry you had this experience. It is NOT fun.

Have you been having any stress lately? Any worrying?

Hi, kimmiepie.

Itīs in my nature to worry all the time and there have been times where I have been a lot more stressed and anxious, but this has never happened to me before. I remember from an early age that I suffered from anxiety and probably OCD. I have also had moderate depression since my higschool days, but there was nothing special going on now to indicate that something like this would happen. I felt just fine, then all of a sudden it struck. Apart from the rushing sensation all of it was very painful by the time it peaked.

I donīt get it - after those seconds it simply let go of me.

Anyone else got similar experiences please share.

Thank you for responding.

Sounds like an attack, metallic taste which most people get this, I use no meds/drugs for my attacks, I fought them off for about over 9 years,I had it so bad I was out of work for a year,long story, You could try this, walking helps, around a park and water, nature type theme, when or really before an attack if you can, think about something besides whats going on with you, do something, anything stress free, seems stress has a good hold of you, maybe a hobbie or try the walking thing, by yourself not with people,alone take time to relax when walking, a small fish tank could help also, keeps you busy when you think your getting an attack...

It can do that, strike for what seems like no reason....and everyone has their first panic attack at some point (well, anyone who's ever had panic attacks had a first one at some point).

Have you been to a dr lately for any routine tests? This might be a good idea just to rule out anything...blood pressure etc. Otherwise, I would just assume that you had a small panic attack and try to work on ways to deal with/prevent them.

Sometimes mine come in waves like that too. Like the other night...it just happened for maybe 10 seconds and it was over. Felt like hell though.

20 or 25 secs .. god you are lucky.. mine has lasted all day and frankly its 219 am and im a little afraid to stop concentrating writing here for fear it will really hit me..I can understand it completely .It happens it will go away to and im sure when i relax and quit typing here mine will subside and i will wake up and start my usual day again tomorrow..Relax it will go away ,it might come back but at least you know what you are dealing with..it gets easier some days and harder others but it becomes less and less troublesome.. Take care..Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Hi.

Iīve suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember, but never had anything resembling an attack before this.

I was just hanging out at a friends house when all of a sudden I got this rushing sensation inside my whole torso. It was sort of a compact tingeling sensation that escalated with every breath, like it was millions of particles being hurled around.

After a couple of seconds I felt a severe preassure in my head, nose and ears along with a very paimful feeling of my entire mouth and tongue being pierced with needles - not the needles an pins thing - and blood or metallic taste. The dizziness was more violent and internal than the one you would experience after spinning around or the like. It was more internal and short back and forth motion, and it wasnt like I was really falling down. Evereything escalating with every breath. I don t know if it felt as if my blood was being sucked out of my head or being pushed in.

The whole thing lasted no more than 20 - 25 seconds.

Has anyone experienced this and know if it could be a panic attack or anxiety/depression?

It should be noted that my breathing was pretty normal and my heart didnīt start galloping until I felt the pressure in my head coming on.

Thanks.

I get the feeling like i have a tight tornique around my neck and all the blood is forced up into my head, this happens for no reason at all. When i am quite relaxed too.
    I was sort of hoping that it was my neck but the MRI scans ruled that out so i don't really know why it happens or even what it is. But i do get it more when i have had my head and neck still for a while and just turned round or something. You know the feeling you get when you have been crouching down for a while and then you suddenly stand up straight. Bit groggy and dizzy and feeling the pressure go into your head, while your bp corrects itself. Well it is a bit like that but just for no reason this total pressure builds up in my head from my neck, and i have to rotate my neck and move my head about until it goes. I have checked my bp while this is happening in case it is something to do with it, but my bp has been fine.
    I know i probably haven't explained this very well but does anyone know what i mean, or been through this one?xx

Thread Information