Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet taste in mouth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sweet taste in mouth

I haven’t posted on here for some time, but find myself back because I’m so worried about this symptom. I have had a fear of brain tumours for a long time of and on, but this latest symptom has taken me right back there.

For over a week now I have had a sweet taste in my mouth. I’ve had a metallic taste before, but never this sweet taste. My food all tastes normal, but when I’m not eating I can taste the sweetness. It’s like I’ve eaten loads of jelly sweets and they’ve got stuck in my teeth. I’ve checked my teeth, but nothing there.

So basically I’m frightened that it’s because I’ve got a brain tumour (I do have other symptoms, like dizzy zaps).

I saw the doctor who didn’t really say what it was. She did say it may be because I’d had a cold, but I’ve never had this after a cold before.

Can anyone relate?

Re: Sweet taste in mouth

I went to the doc again today about this taste and asked if i can be referred to a neurologist, because I'm thinking it is a BT. I have other weird symptoms and just can't get passed this fear. She said she didn't need to refer me, but as a compromise, would write to the neurologist and ask them for their opinion on the taste. Of course I am now worried that she is suspecting it could be something. She told me that it is true, that taste can be effected with with brain tumours, but that it's unlikely. She carried out another neurological examination and said it was normal, but I can't imagine it would show a problem in my brain!

She also said that anxiety can cause lots of physical sensations linked to the senses, but of course I can only really see one problem!

I wish I could trust her judgement.

Just curious... in the time you've been part of the forum, have any of your fears been realized?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

No Fishmanpa, they haven’t. I gues I’ve slipped down a slippery slope and right now I’m finding it hard to be rational.

Sometimes I get this, funnily enough when I drink water! It's been going on for me since I was a kid, it's nothing to worry about

Perhaps look at it this way... would you rather have a sweet taste in your mouth or some nasty morning breath, garlic or onions taste etc.?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you for replying both.
    I know what you mean Fishmanpa, I’ve thought that too. X

Have you gone to the dentist? I was having a funny taste in my mouth and it was a big cavity in my molar.

No not been as it doesn't seem to be coming from teeth. Feels more like it's my saliva. It's still there and I am still freaking out about it

I have it also exactly as u mention. Freaking me out also. I've had many tests. I'm stressed a lot anxiety too, so I don't know it that's causing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information