Thread: Can I increase klonopin?

Can I increase klonopin?

I have a call into my Dr and am going to my psychiatrist later this week, but my panic attacks have been unbearable even with my prescribed dosage of .5mg twice a day. I am also not sleeping and currently increasing Zoloft. I know the Zoloft increase is adding to my anxiety.

For those with similar experiences,do you think increasing the klonopin to 1.5 mg per day would be a bad idea? I have taken klonopin in the past and always was able to taper off successfully. I have been on it (started lower dose) for about 3 weeks. I am very discouraged that it is not helping keep the panic at bay at 1 mg per day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

I just got word from my doc that I can add half a pill to my current dose as needed for extreme anxiety. Still wondering if any of you have experience taking more than 1 mg/day?

Re: Can I increase klonopin?

I take 2MG a day, along with Pristiq to keep my anxiety in check. 1MG a day did nothing for me. So yes, there's no point in taking something at a low dose if it's not even helping. If your doctor says it's fine, then it is

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    I take 2MG a day, along with Pristiq to keep my anxiety in check. 1MG a day did nothing for me. So yes, there's no point in taking something at a low dose if it's not even helping. If your doctor says it's fine, then it is
    Thanks. I just saw my psychiatrist today and he said it's fine for me to go up to 2 mg a day as needed. That's a relief for me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you need it, you need it, there are no bad ideas when it comes to dosage increase or decrease. The only thing I'd advise is being careful with the length of time you take Klonopin as the medication is addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    Hi E

Weren't you on pregabertin or pregabalin too,? Did you manage to get off successfully?

D

Yes, I was on gabapentin- it made me worse, so I stopped.

Thread Information