Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doing really bad! Need a little help please!

Re: Doing really bad! Need a little help please!

Quote Originally Posted by Wess2121 View Post
    Hey Bob22. If its of any comfort my wife and I just lost our first baby. My wife was at 38 weeks, we had a scheduled c-section. 6 days before it the baby hadn't moved, and we later found out at the hospital she had died. Devastating. So i sort of know what your going thru so stay strong.
    Luckily i went back on citalopram about 3 weeks prior to that. My doctor actually told me to cut out caffeine. i was and avid coffee drinker. Depending on the type of person you are caffeine can get you 'hyped up'.
    I'm very interested in the Cortisol Blocker. I've had anxiety for the past decade and whenever im anxious my heart races and i shake. I am going to ask my doctor about this at my next visit. Stay strong!
    God I'm so very sorry for your loss Wess!!!!! There is NOTHING worse for a parent!!! We have to have FAITH, its the only thing and very hard after something like this.

Yes, I should have said that everyone should go through there doctor.

Thank you so much for your reply Wess!!!

I wish nothing but the best for you and your wife!!!

Bob ..it would be kinder to your brain if you stay on a low dosage like ten milligrams.for maintance.because these ssris might leave your body chemicals.but nobody talks about how long it takes to leave your brain.take care

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu1960 View Post
    Bob ..it would be kinder to your brain if you stay on a low dosage like ten milligrams.for maintance.because these ssris might leave your body chemicals.but nobody talks about how long it takes to leave your brain.take care
    Hello Lulu, I was down to 2.5mg for about a month when I decided to go every other day for about a week when this happened which was Tuesday I think. I went right back on 2.5mg and have been taking that all week.

It currently 6am and I feel BAD!!!!! Fight or Flight is through the roof!!!! Is this normal? Man I can’t fight this fear of being this way forever!!!!!

Once you start skipping doses that's when all hell breaks loose.i would stay on that little tiny dose that ain't going to kill you or even move up to five for along time obviously your not ready if your having withdrawals.

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

What's the hurry????

Once you start skipping doses that's when all hell breaks loose.i would stay on that little tiny dose that ain't going to kill you or even move up to five for along time obviously your not ready if your having withdrawals.

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

What's the hurry????
    Thank you Lulu, I'm not doing good!!! I am going to go up to 5mg in the next day or two. I'm trying to tough this out but I'm tired of it!!

Thank you so much!!!

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

So this gets worse before it gets better? Am I going to stabilize, I am back on taking it everyday instead of every other day. Nov. 1st I went from 5 mg to 2.5mg. Nov. 21st I went to every other day. I missed two days Dec. 3rd & 4th and Dec. 5th I was in hell and have stayed there!!! I have had some relief as stated.

With all that has happened in my life I'm just tired.

I just want to stabilize and if I have to stay on this med that's fine I guess. I didn't have any ill effects on it, I just don't want to be dependent on it. Also the fear that one day they might not make Celexa anymore or that it will stop working for me.

I'm just in a bad place right now.

Thanks!!!

That's your anxiety playing tricks on you.my Mon has been on celexa for 20years.it ain't going anywhere!you have stop missing doses that's why your all over the place.if you DC.told you that you have diabetes or high blood pressure and you have to be dependent on Medications.im sure you would say is ok!.

That's your anxiety playing tricks on you.my Mon has been on celexa for 20years.it ain't going anywhere!you have stop missing doses that's why your all over the place.if you DC.told you that you have diabetes or high blood pressure and you have to be dependent on Medications.im sure you would say is ok!.
    Thank you for helping me Lulu!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob22 View Post
    Thank you Lulu, I'm not doing good!!! I am going to go up to 5mg in the next day or two. I'm trying to tough this out but I'm tired of it!!

Thank you so much!!!

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

So this gets worse before it gets better? Am I going to stabilize, I am back on taking it everyday instead of every other day. Nov. 1st I went from 5 mg to 2.5mg. Nov. 21st I went to every other day. I missed two days Dec. 3rd & 4th and Dec. 5th I was in hell and have stayed there!!! I have had some relief as stated.

With all that has happened in my life I'm just tired.

I just want to stabilize and if I have to stay on this med that's fine I guess. I didn't have any ill effects on it, I just don't want to be dependent on it. Also the fear that one day they might not make Celexa anymore or that it will stop working for me.

I'm just in a bad place right now.

Thanks!!!
    Hello Bob - sorry to hear you're going through hell taking this drug :( It sounds like you were adjusting the dosage at a rate that your nervous system/mind didn't like. :( Unfortunately a lot of doctors don't realize how powerful SSRI's are at what may seem like an insignificant dose of 2.5mg! I wish they'd stop suggesting alternating doses as it just doesn't work for a lot of people..

When I discussed with my doctor [GP] about want to come off 10mg Citalopram for Buspirone, he said I could just stop the Citalopram and start Buspirone the next day. I'm pretty sure i gave him a "are you serious?" look.

I think taking the 2.5mg should be your plan to allow your nervous system and brain stabilize. Heck - stay on that dose as long as it's not causing any ill effects. And if you want wean off the drug at a later time down the road, it should be easier to do so at 2.5mg.

BTW - here is some information that you might want to read that I've re-read since taking Citalopram 4 months ago:

Tips for tapering off by 10% of your dose:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/...-of-my-dosage/

Chart that shows any dosage decreases below 10mg can be significant:

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...pancy-and-Dose

Good luck and hopefully you'll start to stabilize soon.

Quote Originally Posted by epitaxial View Post
    Hello Bob - sorry to hear you're going through hell taking this drug :( It sounds like you were adjusting the dosage at a rate that your nervous system/mind didn't like. :( Unfortunately a lot of doctors don't realize how powerful SSRI's are at what may seem like an insignificant dose of 2.5mg! I wish they'd stop suggesting alternating doses as it just doesn't work for a lot of people..

When I discussed with my doctor [GP] about want to come off 10mg Citalopram for Buspirone, he said I could just stop the Citalopram and start Buspirone the next day. I'm pretty sure i gave him a "are you serious?" look.

I think taking the 2.5mg should be your plan to allow your nervous system and brain stabilize. Heck - stay on that dose as long as it's not causing any ill effects. And if you want wean off the drug at a later time down the road, it should be easier to do so at 2.5mg.

BTW - here is some information that you might want to read that I've re-read since taking Citalopram 4 months ago:

Tips for tapering off by 10%

Chart that shows any dosage decreases below 10mg can be significant:

Good luck and hopefully you'll start to stabilize soon.
    Epitaxial thank very much!!!!! The fight or Flight lasted all day yesterday until around 7pm. It was rough! So things have gotten worse not better. I felt such peace when it finally stopped!!! It’s amazing how we take for granted just being able to sit calmly on a couch.

I sleep all night. I just woke up with the excitatory chemicals ragging through me again! I hope to God this doesn’t go all day again!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the info, I will surly look over it once I feel better. I hope that can happen again. This fear that the part of my system that controls the release of these chemicals is overpowering!!!!

Your reply means the world to me right now as does everyone else’s!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 ----------

Well I have been feeling ok for the last hour. Just a strange feeling that I can't explain, it feels like a fear of getting depressed, like depression is knocking on the door but I'm not depressed if that makes any sense what so ever!

I will take this over the Fight or Flight!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Just a follow for anyone who might be suffering. I have been feeling good all day!!!!! Yesterday was a nightmare. Today I have been working all day! I feel really good!!! I'm sure I'm not out of the woods yet, but maybe!

Thank you so much for everyone's support.

Talking Re: Doing really bad! Need a little help please!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob22 View Post
    Epitaxial thank very much!!!!! The fight or Flight lasted all day yesterday until around 7pm. It was rough! So things have gotten worse not better. I felt such peace when it finally stopped!!! It’s amazing how we take for granted just being able to sit calmly on a couch.

I sleep all night. I just woke up with the excitatory chemicals ragging through me again! I hope to God this doesn’t go all day again!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the info, I will surly look over it once I feel better. I hope that can happen again. This fear that the part of my system that controls the release of these chemicals is overpowering!!!!

Your reply means the world to me right now as does everyone else’s!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 ----------

Well I have been feeling ok for the last hour. Just a strange feeling that I can't explain, it feels like a fear of getting depressed, like depression is knocking on the door but I'm not depressed if that makes any sense what so ever!

I will take this over the Fight or Flight!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Just a follow for anyone who might be suffering. I have been feeling good all day!!!!! Yesterday was a nightmare. Today I have been working all day! I feel really good!!! I'm sure I'm not out of the woods yet, but maybe!

Thank you so much for everyone's support.
    it sounds like your system is stabilizing! Please continue to take 2.5mg as that is what your brain/body are use to. You may have a random blip [anxiety spike] for the next few weeks - but things should improve in the long run.

Eventually 2.5mg might poop out for you so you may want to talk to a Naturopathic Doctor to see if he/she can recommended a plan to help deal with anxiety without the medication.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information