Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Doing really bad! Need a little help please!

Re: Doing really bad! Need a little help please!

Quote Originally Posted by epitaxial View Post
    it sounds like your system is stabilizing! Please continue to take 2.5mg as that is what your brain/body are use to. You may have a random blip [anxiety spike] for the next few weeks - but things should improve in the long run.

Eventually 2.5mg might poop out for you so you may want to talk to a Naturopathic Doctor to see if he/she can recommended a plan to help deal with anxiety without the medication.
    Thank you Epitaxial!

See that is my main fear, that the meds will eventually stop working. Then what, I am like this forever.

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

I can see the meds not working because of something I did, but for them to just stop working for me on their own is actually sending my Anxiety through the roof right now. So basically I'm sitting on a time bomb?

This is why I wanted to be off of these meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob22 View Post
    Thank you Epitaxial!

See that is my main fear, that the meds will eventually stop working. Then what, I am like this forever.

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

I can see the meds not working because of something I did, but for them to just stop working for me on their own is actually sending my Anxiety through the roof right now. So basically I'm sitting on a time bomb?

This is why I wanted to be off of these meds.
    I don't think the med will just stop working instantly - it may be a gradual change. Or 2.5mg could be the dose that works for you long term. Everyone is different so it's difficult to know.

I'd say take 2.5mg for at least another month and see how you feel and try not to think about the future [the dreaded "What if?!"].

if you still want to stop taking the med - google search "Prozac to get off SSRI". Some doctors will have you taper off your current SSRI while taking the Prozac anywhere from a week to a month and then slowly taper off the Prozac.

I don't think the med will just stop working instantly - it may be a gradual change. Or 2.5mg could be the dose that works for you long term. Everyone is different so it's difficult to know.

I'd say take 2.5mg for at least another month and see how you feel and try not to think about the future [the dreaded "What if?!"].

if you still want to stop taking the med - google search "Prozac to get off SSRI". Some doctors will have you taper off your current SSRI while taking the Prozac anywhere from a week to a month and then slowly taper off the Prozac.
    I was actually thinking of staying on the Celexa for s while if not forever if it helps.

I don’t know what’s going on now! I felt slight anxiety all day yesterday but had mild depression with it.

I just woke up with the same thing now. I feel like I’m just neutral, which is a strange feeling! Honestly I would rather be sick or feeling good! I guess I could say I’m mildly depressed, no interest in anything. God I hope this is just part of this and will go away!!!

Thanks Epitaxial and everyone!!!

---------- Post added at 06:33 ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 ----------

Is this Depression feeling part of this and will eventually stabilize as well?

---------- Post added at 07:57 ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 ----------

Feeling really bad right now! Scared because I was feeling so good the other day and now this!!! I’m not doing good!!!

Can anyone please just respond!!! Is this normal for it to be like a rollercoaster, one day good, the next bad? And with mild depression?

Just to add, I have a very caring and supportive wife, she is Home today. I’m not going to hurt myself nor do I want too. I just want to feel better!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!

I think it's important to be patient with yourself. You are not going to have good days every day - that would be great, but we're human, you know? It may take some time for your system to stabilize as well, as you have been on a lot of changing doses recently. It may be worth a chat with your doctor to come up with a plan.

But honestly it's normal to have good days and bad. Even on my medication doing well, I sometimes have bad days. Hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    I think it's important to be patient with yourself. You are not going to have good days every day - that would be great, but we're human, you know? It may take some time for your system to stabilize as well, as you have been on a lot of changing doses recently. It may be worth a chat with your doctor to come up with a plan.

But honestly it's normal to have good days and bad. Even on my medication doing well, I sometimes have bad days. Hang in there
    Thank you swgr! I hope this stabilizes, before I started going every other day I honestly never had days like this. Thought I was better so I decided to come off the meds! Big mistake apparently!!!!!!!

Thank you swgr! I hope this stabilizes, before I started going every other day I honestly never had days like this. Thought I was better so I decided to come off the meds! Big mistake apparently!!!!!!!
    Bob - How are you feeling now?

Bob - How are you feeling now?
    It’s been rough Epitaxial, I felt bad all day yesterday. Not as bad as when this first happened however. It’s hard to explain!!! The heart rate elevated, butterfly’s in the chest, tingling in the arms is all there but not extreme! But there’s this feeling of things going bad! Like a slight depression, but not a strong feeling of any of it!

I felt really good by the end of the day yesterday, I would say I was at 95%

I slept good and woke up a little while ago without the MAJOR Fight or Flight Feeling. Right now I’m doing pretty good, just have what feels like depression wanting to come in but just not there if that makes any sense what so ever!!! It’s like At any moment I could go into full blown depression but I’m not?!?!?!

Anyway, I will take this over how I’ve been feeling.

So at the moment I am doing pretty good.

Thank you so much for caring!!!!!!

It’s been rough Epitaxial, I felt bad all day yesterday. Not as bad as when this first happened however. It’s hard to explain!!! The heart rate elevated, butterfly’s in the chest, tingling in the arms is all there but not extreme! But there’s this feeling of things going bad! Like a slight depression, but not a strong feeling of any of it!

I felt really good by the end of the day yesterday, I would say I was at 95%

I slept good and woke up a little while ago without the MAJOR Fight or Flight Feeling. Right now I’m doing pretty good, just have what feels like depression wanting to come in but just not there if that makes any sense what so ever!!! It’s like At any moment I could go into full blown depression but I’m not?!?!?!

Anyway, I will take this over how I’ve been feeling.

So at the moment I am doing pretty good.

Thank you so much for caring!!!!!!
    Good to hear things are improving! Your mind/body are probably still stabilizing as it will be a slow process with ups/downs that tend to be more up than down as each day passes.

Cortisol levels increase significantly after you wake up - but the med should start to slowly help with that feeling.

I really needed to hear that Epitaxial!!! Thank you!!!! I just woke up and felt really bad, starting to feel better now.

Before I started going through this withdrawal last week I was 100% mentally!!! That is the reason I wanted to wean off the meds; I thought I was better! I still broke down every day about my son and worried about certain things but could deal with it!

Now when I think of my son who has passed I feel a slight depression! I’m also worried about my 26 year old son who is living with us now, he lost his beautiful fiancé right after his brother. We lost my mother right before my son, one of my best friends right before my mother, and my niece right after my sons fiancé! It’s been horrific!!!

My son now has diabetes high cholesterol.... he never goes out, never! It’s reslky hard to keep positive through all this!!! I’m not sure what it is but evertime I start to feel good my mind will remind me that my son is dead, or that my other son has diabetes, or that he doesn’t get out..... it’s like my mind is trying to make me depressed!

I don’t even know why I’m saying all this; I guess I just needed to get it off my chest!!! I’m still fighting to live some kind of happy life!!! Honestly, if my son was happy, I think I would be cured of this!!!! That is all I truly want, is my son to be happy!!!!!!!!

My wife is so Amazing!!! She has such a good attitude through all of this and is what keeps us functional!!!! I wish I could think like her!!!

I don’t expect a response to this Epitaxial, unless you know why my mind is seemingly trying to make me depressed? That goes for anyone out there? I’m hoping it’s all part of this withdrawal?

Thank you for being there!!! It means so very much!!!!!

Bob - yes when you lower the dose it can cause an increase in depression. Hopefully you will be back to 100% mentally on 2.5mg in about 3-4 weeks.

It will take time to heal from what you've been going through - just try to stay positive!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information