Thread: bubbling/spasm under sternum

bubbling/spasm under sternum

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone else has this feeling.
    I am thinking it is anxiety, but when I lie down to sleep, just as I am getting comfortable I get like a popping feeling, like a spasm, I THINK it is coming from around my sternum and goes up in a perfect straight line up my chest. There is no pain, but it is not like wind or gas, it is a proper spasm.

Of course my anxiety is convinced it is my heart but I am trying to be rational as it feel like it is too far down .... but who knows!!

Any advice really appreciated.

Pol

Re: bubbling/spasm under sternum

Hi Polyann.

I don't know if I can really give you any good advice, but what you've described sounds a lot like what I've been experiencing.

For a few months I've had bubbling / spasm / vibrating sensations in the area you described. Sometimes I feel like I want to cough when it happens, and that also makes me worried of some type of lung condition.

Also sometimes I feel what I think is a "kick" coming from my stomach, but it almost feels like my heart.

Over the past few years I've had these symptoms that have seemingly come and gone (abdominal pain, panic attacks, palpitations). I really want to have an abdominal ultrasound done, but as of yet I have not. I've had blood work done, and everything was fine (except low Vit D).

Like I said, I don't have any answers. It's something I'm dealing with right now and I feel like I'll have to get more tests done soon.

Let me know how it's going,
    Hope you feel better

Hi River whistle thanks for responding.

I have tried IBS tablets and seen the chiropractor and it was fine for about 2 weeks, yesterday it started again! I have a GP appt on Friday so i will mention it to them. I am working on the assumption that as it was doing it and then stopped and i am still here then it is nothing to be concerned about and trying to stay calm!!

Hope yours is easing.

P x

I have the same type of spam right below my sternum, top of the middle area of the Transverse colon. Spasm seems to start in the intestines then travels up part way my esophagus.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I've been having this for a couple of weeks. It's become more annoying than worrying. Although I agree it can be worrying when it comes on while laying down.

When I first started getting it a few years back I phoned for ambulance, convinced it was the start of a heart attack. After some tests and a lot of waiting they basically told me to cut down on alcohol and eat better.

But I kept getting it so went to my doctor. He prescribed Lansoprazole which have usually helped in the past. I just received a box this week and took my first pill this morning. Sadly it's not having much affect and I'm still having symptoms. I think it is a stress/anxiety issue as well as stomach. Just recently there was a story in the news that the body has a second brain in the bowel and I'm sure thats why you hear stress can make stomach issues worse.

Okay something that might be helpful.

I haven't had coffee in weeks. Today after feeling pretty good I started getting chest fluttering after drinking some coffee.

Completely unrelated but I was looking up certain exercises and decided to give the Cobra Pose a go. After I'd done it for 30 odd seconds when I got back up I realised my chest fluttering had stopped.

It was so sudden it took me a while to realise it.

I have had this bubbling/fluttering feeling in my chest for about six months now. I had an EKG which was normal. I thought it was GERD and tried antacids for a while, with no change. Tried cutting down on caffeine with no change. Lately I have been wondering if it is some sort of lung infection or problem.

My fluttering happens almost every day, usually when laying down to rest or read, and many times while working at my desk. When I am out or doing something other than sitting, it either doesn't happen or I don't notice it.

Have you figured out what the fluttering is

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sounds1981 View Post
    Have you figured out what the fluttering is

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
    I believe it’s muscle spasms in the middle of my back where we carry stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollyann View Post
    I believe it’s muscle spasms in the middle of my back where we carry stress.
    Hi I see now 2 years later ... I have the same problem ... no pain, not worry but annoying and like to know why or how to get rid off, symptoms always related to stress or anxiety by doctors, but I have a really un-stressfull life ...
    Would like to know how it evoluated with you

edit : oops sorry i looked your joined date, so it's a recent message, my search on it tells that it maybe has to do with the muscle that controls the opening closing swollowpipe to stomach. maybe it opens a bit and let air go true coming from the stomach

greets
    Chris
    Last edited by incobart; 04-05-20 at 07:51.

Thread Information