Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 FREE CBT ebooks for Health Anxiety

9 FREE CBT ebooks for Health Anxiety

Hi Everyone

Please check out the following website for excellent FREE ebooks on health Anxiety - I have copied and pasted the info and links from the actual website

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/reso...cfm?Info_ID=53

You all know by now that reassurance doesn't work for long and that the best thing to do is fully understand Health Anxiety.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE at least download these modules and read them - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain :-)

When you click on a link for the books I think it downloads the PDF straight to your computer - so you need to check your downloads folder

Helping Health Anxiety
    Overcoming Health Anxiety: This InfoPax is designed to provide you with some information about health anxiety, including how it develops, how it is maintained, and how to decrease your health worries and concerns. It is organised into modules that are designed to be worked through in sequence. We recommend that you complete one module before going on to the next. Each module includes information, worksheets, and suggested exercises or activities. Modules:

• Module 1: Understanding Health Anxiety
      This module provides an overview of what health anxiety is, how it can be a problem, and what kind of impact it can have on a person's life. PDF document: 272kb. Updated 15 September 2011.

• Module 5: Re-evaluating Unhelpful Health Related Thinking
      This module explores how your thoughts can influence your feelings, physiological state, and behaviours. This module then discusses ways to evaluate and overcome unhelpful health related thinking. PDF document: 251kb. Updated 15 September 2011.

• Module 6: Reducing Checking and Reassurance Seeking
      This module explores the different ways people check and seek reassurance regarding their health concerns, discusses the difference between helpful and unhelpful checking and reassurance seeking, and introduces strategies to reduce or eliminate these behaviours. PDF document: 309kb. Updated 15 September 2011.

• Module 7: Challenging Avoidance and Safety Behaviours
      This module explores how avoidance and safety behaviours can keep health anxiety going, and introduces a strategy to gradually reduce and overcome these behaviours. PDF document: 259kb. Updated 15 September 2011.

• Module 8: Adjusting Health Rules and Assumptions
      In this module we will focus on challenging the unhelpful rules and assumptions that can keep you caught in the vicious cycle of health anxiety. PDF document: 195kb. Updated 15 September 2011.

• Module 9: Healthy Living and Self Management Planning
      This final module brings all the concepts of this information package together, presents a new model for healthy living, and includes a self-management plan to help you to stay on track in the future. PDF document: 234kb. Updated 15 September 2011.
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 26-04-19 at 17:51. Reason: additional info

CBT4Panic is now completely FREE and anyone can access the full programme here http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: 9 FREE CBT ebooks for Health Anxiety

Excellent, looking forward to reading them thank you!

Hi Vicky
    Thanks - I'm glad to know that SOMEONE is going to read them :-)

let me know how you get on

CBT4Panic is now completely FREE and anyone can access the full programme here http://cbt4panic.org/

Is this CBT? I went to a therapist and she gave me this as a booklet, I skimmed through it and wondered where the 'tools' were - I will read it carefully this time - thanks for posting.

Thanks Robin - will make it sticky and direct people to read it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nice to see it as a sticky. We've been posting these workbooks on people's threads for ages.

I get mine off this one:

https://psychologytools.com/download...orksheets.html

Towards the bottom you will see a CCI section that includes the HA modules but also has many others. Considering HA is a sufferers label and not a diagnostic one it means it spraddles into GAD & OCD as well as covering the Somatoform Disorders, it's worth looking at some of the others too (some members on here have HA themes as well as other OCD ones) such as perfectionism, anything on intrusive thoughts, etc.

There are also workbooks on there for other mental health disorders as well as individual worksheets.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by robinhall View Post
    Thanks - I'm glad to know that SOMEONE is going to read them :-)
    Very useful post, Robin, and I'm sure many members (and guests) will benefit from your modules

Worth bumping...

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thanks KK :-)

I'm sure a lot of people have benefited from all your 'bumps' ;-)

I've used them and they are excellent. Thank you Robin

Thank you. This kind of thing is exactly what i was looking for!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information