Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird iPhone pop ups?

Re: Weird iPhone pop ups?

I'm getting these too and they only seem to be coming from this site. I'm not clicking on any links.

It takes a few minutes to get rid of them trying to avoid clicking on them.

Hi Jamie what do they say, what device are you using and any security scanner installed? ATB

I get pop ups all the time,it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi Jamie what do they say, what device are you using and any security scanner installed? ATB

Both on iOS and android. Got security programs and anti virus scanners. It's only a recent thing tbh

I don't see how it can be from NMP

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

No I don't either that's why I asked what does these pop ups say? Apart from the every day adds on here there doesn't appear to be a problem, but like a lot of members I am using a pc and not a phone for forum access! ATB

I was having problems with these popups on my Android phone, the ones that say "Congratulations Amazon.com user! You've been selected as a winner for (fill in some item)." They only happened on NMP, and only, it seemed, from certain threads. I finally solved it by switching from the Chrome browser to the Opera browser. Wired magazine has an article out about the recent surge in these types of popup ads.

https://www.wired.com/story/pop-up-m...-to-stop-them/

Good article, thanks for sharing. I get these popups too sometimes out of the blue, also on Android using the Google Chrome browser.

I had those Amazon win pop ups a couple of times earlier in the week too.

Think sometimes it is a browser issue allowing these pop ups. That's why I wont use cChrome on my pc only IE and Opera used to get plagued by these pop ups on my phone a lot and on a very old stb that is on IE 5 the cursor box used to be grabbed by the ad pulling you on to the ad simple to get round back page or home button. will not be using Chrome again. ATB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information