Thread: Worried that I might have UC or any other IBD...:(

Worried that I might have UC or any other IBD...:(

Hello,
    I just crossed the fear of liver cirrhosis. I am 23/M, non alcoholic and non smoker. I am skinny and have had a bad diet for a while. I constipate a lot which made my bowels harder to pass (possible anal fissure) and also I have pilonidal sinus near my tail bone. Couple of weeks ago I started having these problems

1) Frequent Stomach burn and I find pain in my lower left abdomen (only when I move) especially worsens at night which keeps me awake all night

2) Stools started as greasy,green and then light greenish-yellow and now back to normal but bits float in water (never had clay, blood or white stool)

3) Had pizza two days back and later stools was brown-yellow but mixed with some red bits in it.

4) Constant Mild dizziness for few seconds If I turn my heads fast in either sides and restless at times

5) Occasional Skin itching and dry skin only in knuckles

6) Bad breadth especially at mornings

7) Was feeling hungry till couple of days but now lost appetite and nauseous always after meal

Neved had these symptoms before and this goes on for two weeks now. Took blood test, everything normal except ALT is increased by 1 and also done Full abdominal ultrasound and everything was clear. Doctor said It could be GERD. I don’t know whats going on in my body. Feeling like I am about to die. Help me please! Sorry for the long message.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

Anyone share some hope here

Re: Worried that I might have UC or any other IBD...:(

Hi, I'm sorry you're feeling this way right now. All of the symptoms you've described have been things I have experienced. Anxiety can do a number on the body, and once you're hyperaware of every sensation in the body, you'll start to feel things you never did before. I had the stomach burning in particular, and was convinced it was something else. I even went to the extreme of getting an endoscopy. It ended up just being anxiety. And I would bet yours is too, especially with all those other symptoms that sound like anxiety as well. On the dry knuckles thing, is it winter where you are? Or dry? Mine are doing that so bad right now. I have to keep applying lotion every couple hours.

Re: Worried that I might have UC or any other IBD...:(

Quote Originally Posted by katielovespizza View Post
    Hi, I'm sorry you're feeling this way right now. All of the symptoms you've described have been things I have experienced. Anxiety can do a number on the body, and once you're hyperaware of every sensation in the body, you'll start to feel things you never did before. I had the stomach burning in particular, and was convinced it was something else. I even went to the extreme of getting an endoscopy. It ended up just being anxiety. And I would bet yours is too, especially with all those other symptoms that sound like anxiety as well. On the dry knuckles thing, is it winter where you are? Or dry? Mine are doing that so bad right now. I have to keep applying lotion every couple hours.

Yea...It is winter here and my skin seems to be getting improved day by day. My fear is that I’ve never been ill till now.. Even now it is not unmanageable but I just want to be proactive and be cautious to avoid any serious complications. But since u attested anxiety I was suffering from it while back and I was also suffering from insomnia. Do you not think these symptoms could be anything serious ?

Thread Information