Thread: Increased dose

Increased dose

Okay so, i have been taking citalopram for 4 years now. Only ever been on either 10mg or occasionally 20. On Monday my doctor told me to start taking 30mg as i have recently had a baby and my anxiety over my health has gone to an all time high so ive been struggling with looking after him as well as i should as I've been having panic attacks when I've been waking in the night and trying to feed him at the same time.
    The past week i have had the strangest side effects (i am hoping that's what they are and not related to my brain as that is my biggest health worry right now) i have been going into trance like states were i will stare at the wall or my phone or the TV and not be taking anything in, then i will snap out of it and start panicking thinking i have lost big chunks of time when really its been less than 2 minutes. I have also been extremely anxious one minute then hypo and excited the next like i want to go out the house and go for a run (which i have been far too scared to do for a long time but when i go into that over excited stage i can't stop talking i feel so happy and overwhelmed that my anxiety may be gone) then when i feel anxious/depressed i can't stop thinking aboht the future and not having my parents around in the future to help me and how i will copr without them etc. I have found some information on similar side effects but i am worrying now that this is something to do with my brain and the medication is having a bad reaction to a tumour in my brain.

Re: Increased dose

Anyone?

Hey Livvy. The side effects do suck. I personally have had them all. Especially when I first started for some reason or another i noticed myself thinking about the future a lot as well and just death in general which i never did.
    Just know when upping your dose you brain has to get use to it and it will probably take a couple weeks for the side effects to pass. I could deal pretty well with the emotional side effects, it was all of the physical side effects that i hated.I also had to weird head and ear sensations as well. Im 6 weeks in on 20 mg by the way.
    And where are u getting a "tumor in my brain" from? Were you diagnosed with a tumor before? If not thats obvi the anxiety talking. And my anxiety was out of control when i initially started as well. Hang in there!

I think we all should be banned from using google, it never helps.

Don't underestimate how bad anxiety can mess you up and put stupid thoughts in your head. it's easy to say but try not to listen to the voice in your head telling you these things, they mean nothing, let the thoughts pass you and they will soon go. the searching for an answer is just feeding your anxiety. the first few weeks on a new dose can be very tough but you will soon feel better and more clear headed.

The rollercoaster feelings are again anxiety. it will improve in stages, you'll start to feel good for a few days and then bad for a few days. The good days will then become longer and after a while most of the bad days will be gone.

Good luck

Thread Information