Thread: Ibs c

Ibs c

Hi has anyone trired senna for their ibs c i took 1 two days ago and now i have the most terrible cramps from my right ribs to my groin i'm in agony,i'm drinking lots of water totry and flush it out.

Re: Ibs c

yes and although it eventually worked for me it didn't help to soften my stools which just added the the discomfort of constipation and also gave me terrible cramps too. i have found the best for me have been- dulcoease and lactulose as they are gentle. lactulose being my fave as i can take it with my breakfast and its just a sweet syrup, it sometimes makes me a little bit windier than usual but its worth it.
    i initially tried fybogel but it made me much worse! and i was then told by a different gp that its actually really bad for someone with ibs-c!

always try to drink plenty of water with any laxative and although it might be uncomfortable try to get some gentle exercise. i also find that having some time to sit quietly to yourself with a warm decaffeinated drink and do something relaxing (for me its browsing clothes online or weaving on my loom) and most of the time i will get the urge to go.

i have bad ibs-c and have done all my life and most of the time i manage it with diet but occasionally i go through periods of persistent problems.

right now I'm worried about pain from excess acid due to stress and worry :( really wish my anxiety wouldn't manifest as stomach and bowel problems but sadly thats just the reality of being a sensitve and emotional human i guess.

i sometimes think that people who suffer from anxiety and worry are more emotionally intelligent than others and we just feel things more. but the positive of that is that when we feel good, it really really good

good luck pooping! x

Thread Information