Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried it could be Ulcerative Collitis or other IBD

Worried it could be Ulcerative Collitis or other IBD

Hello,
    I just crossed the fear of liver cirrhosis. I am 23/M, non alcoholic and non smoker. I am skinny and have had a bad diet for a while. I constipate a lot which made my bowels harder to pass (possible anal fissure) and also I have pilonidal sinus near my tail bone. Couple of weeks ago I started having these problems

1) Frequent Stomach burn, Stomach and abdomen rumbling and I find pain in my lower left abdomen (only when I move, like a muscle pull) especially worsens at night which keeps me awake all night

2) Stools started as greasy,green and then light greenish-yellow and now back to normal but bits float in water. In the last few weeks themax that I used BM was 3 one day. No diarrhoea (never had clay, blood or white stool)

3) Had pizza two days back and later stools was brown-yellow but mixed with some red bits in it.

4) Constant Mild dizziness for few seconds If I turn my heads fast in either sides and restless at times

5) Occasional Skin itching and dry skin only in knuckles

6) Bad breadth especially at mornings

7) Was feeling hungry till couple of days but now lost appetite and nauseous always after meal

Neved had these symptoms before and this goes on for two weeks now. Took blood test, everything normal except ALT is increased by 1 and also done Full abdominal ultrasound and everything was clear. Doctor said It could be GERD. I don’t know whats going on in my body. Feeling like I am about to die. Help me please! Sorry for the long message and duplicate post found in HA forum.
    Last edited by Worriedsicked; 13-12-17 at 03:26.

Re: Worried it could be Ulcerative Collitis or other IBD

Can anyone help me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Worriedsicked View Post
    Can anyone help me ?
    I'm sorry you are experiencing all of this. :(

What are you stressed or anxious about lately? This all sounds like stress symptoms.

I have the left abdominal pain, I'm now almost 100% sure its muscular.

Why don't you think its GERD? It sounds like a correct evaluation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Melonpony View Post
    I'm sorry you are experiencing all of this. :(

What are you stressed or anxious about lately? This all sounds like stress symptoms.

I have the left abdominal pain, I'm now almost 100% sure its muscular.

Why don't you think its GERD? It sounds like a correct evaluation.

Do you drink a lot of alcohol?

Thanks for replying @Melonpony....

Ever since I had my first symptom (stomach burn) I started googling my symptoms. Google suggested a lot of different infections and diseases. I started panicking the moment I saw cancer in the first place but I would be in ER by now, If its cancer. My stomach burning and itching stopped recently but other symptoms persists. Also I get a lot of burps and pass wind too often almost persistent. Can you share some insights If this could be serious? Btw I don’t drink alcohol.

Thanks for replying @Melonpony....

Ever since I had my first symptom (stomach burn) I started googling my symptoms. Google suggested a lot of different infections and diseases. I started panicking the moment I saw cancer in the first place but I would be in ER by now, If its cancer. My stomach burning and itching stopped recently but other symptoms persists. Also I get a lot of burps and pass wind too often almost persistent. Can you share some insights If this could be serious? Btw I don’t drink alcohol.
    Yes, this sounds like something I went through over the summer, except mine was worse I think. I also had horrible stomach cramps, constant diarrhea, acid reflux burning, chest pain, upper left stomach pain...BAD NEWS.

I went to the Dr many times, and just had a colonoscopy yesterday bc I'm a hypochondriac.

Your symptoms sound like stress related GI.

Bc the pain went away, plus your age, plus the burping etc makes me think it is stress and nothing serious.

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Melonpony View Post
    Yes, this sounds like something I went through over the summer, except mine was worse I think. I also had horrible stomach cramps, constant diarrhea, acid reflux burning, chest pain, upper left stomach pain...BAD NEWS.

I went to the Dr many times, and just had a colonoscopy yesterday bc I'm a hypochondriac.

Your symptoms sound like stress related GI.

Bc the pain went away, plus your age, plus the burping etc makes me think it is stress and nothing serious.

Google told me I had colon cancer, btw. And heart disease. And esophagus cancer. I have NONE of those things.

Thanks so much. These symptoms started 3-4 weeks ago. Should I not be having any blood by now If its colitis or chrons ? Sorry I just couldn’t accept its not as I’ve read too much about them

Thanks so much. These symptoms started 3-4 weeks ago. Should I not be having any blood by now If its colitis or chrons ? Sorry I just couldn’t accept its not as I’ve read too much about them
    If it were crohns, you would be losing weight and looking sick. That's what my GI nurse told me. Also you would have bloody stool by now.
    Colitis, I'm unsure what those symptoms are. But I think blood and mucus are involved.

Yea. I do constipate a lot, I guess that explains the burp and gas. Let me see for some more days

Yea. I do constipate a lot, I guess that explains the burp and gas. Let me see for some more days
    The upper left pain is also caused by constipation or too much food.

Try to relax and see if your symptoms go away. That's how mine works. Really relax. What stresses do you have going on in your life right now? For me, it wasn't something obvious. I went away for what was meant to be a relaxing weekend, but the entire thing was stressful for me bc I have trouble socializing 24/7 like that, had to share a bedroom with 3 other people and my bed w someone etc
    So it wasn't obvious to me at first, but that was very stressful for me.

Ditto, I am masters student living with my friends (3) sharing a single room. In the past few weeks I've been experiencing too much of stress and became home sick by having some of the symptoms mentioned. So I decided to leave and take exams online. Even I find hard to socialize with people from my teen. I guess this is what messes our body when we think too much I guess. Anywayz It is nice to talk to someone who is in the same boat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information