Thread: Nighttime/ trying to get to sleep

Question Nighttime/ trying to get to sleep

the last couple of nights i have(unusually for me at the weekend!) stayed in and had early nights as i go away with my g/f on wed to egypt. ive not been feeling too great either which was another good reason for a quiet weekend. the strange feelings im having seem to start as soon as i lie flat on my front(i sleep on my front). i feel after a while like my chests really sore and my whole body feels weird, so i jump up and my heart is beating in overdrive. i also feel dizzy and zoned but dunno if thats just to do with not feeling well. it always feels like ive not been asleep at all but my g/f has told me both nights that i definitely was asleep for a bit.

just wondering if its possible to have 'panic attacks/anxiety' while asleep then wake up thinking you've been awake the whole time so believe things are worse than they actually are?! anyone else had any similar experiences??

chest and arm are also still sore throughtout the day, esp under left peck/under left armpit area and down left arm.

Re: Nighttime/ trying to get to sleep

Hi Ya

Sounds like you are sleeping in an awkward position and thats causing the pain!!!

Have a lovely holiday

Luv Kaz x

Hi I agree with kazz sounds like you are laying awkward,and then you wake up anxious.You could also be in axious in your sleep.Are you worried about the trip.

OK, my theory is that your mind is working overtime at the prospect of your holiday (either because of anxiety or excitement) and at nightime you have no distractions to hide the feelings of panic and associated physical symptoms.

I usually feel more tense and/or shakey as soon as I hit the pillow, and since I wake up in the middle of the night, I can only assume this is because my mind can't switch off properly.

I bet you will sleep well once you have had a full day holidaying in Egypt.

Have a great time!

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hey!
    Yes, it is possible to have panic attacks during your sleep and I have experieced it. I used to wake up, but only partially, feeling scared to death, my heart racing and completely disoriented. Panic attacks at night are always more intense because your mind is already half unconcious.
    Try to clear your head completely (the trip to Egypt is probaby scaring byou, though you may not be aware of it) and focus on the breathing. Breathe in, breathe out.... :-)
    Sweet dreams!
    Ana

i used to have problems sleeping as my anxiety would be at its worse i think its because we lay there and think to much try and relax for a while if you like reading try a book .i have found watching tele used to make me worse i used to have the tele on at night but after two weeks of nothing on im so much better .i used to have the tele on at night because im scared of the dark as bad things used to happen to me but i deal with that better now

Thread Information