Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viral Pleuritis

Viral Pleuritis

I got diagnosed with this in A&E on Saturday. I don't feel ill, just very anxious and in pain which I can't shift with normal painkillers. I tried paramol which was better but I can't drive with these and as a carer I have to carry on as best I can. Has anyone had this and if so, how long did it last? I'm on day 10 and am going to the GP tomorrow to ask for some stronger painkillers. Just wondered whether anyone could recommend any meds? Thanks in advance.

Re: Viral Pleuritis

Oh Pulisa

Sor sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately I don't have any answers, I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you.

It really does add pressure when you simply cannot afford to be ill.

Elen x

Thank you, Elen. My daughter doesn't cope with any hint of me being ill so it does add pressure. I'm sure as it's viral it will just go in due course but the old HA mindset creeps in when you're vulnerable...

I keep repeating the JFDI mantra in my head x

Things have developed and I'm now at risk of pneumonia so have been put on strong antibiotics and naproxen +PPI.

Going to log off for a while and concentrate on getting better. Thanks for your good wishes, Elen x

Not good news Pulisa, I hope that they are wrong about pneumonia.

Take care of yourself, and keep us posted.

I hope that your daughter is coping.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Speedy recovery, Pulisa... Take care of yourself and hope the nasty virus buggers off anon. These viral bots get everywhere

Never Surrender, Comrade

When I had pleurisy about 5 years ago, I needed vicodin to get through the day :S

How are you feeling today Pulisa

Sorry to hear you have been suffering, pulisa. Sorry I missed this, I've had a lot on in the last few days so not been on as much.

I know my GF had it when she was younger but I expect treatments have changed since then. She did say it was painful. I can't remember how long it lasted, I could ask if you want?

I've had pneumonia and remember that being painful until treatment commenced. But you are fit & healthy and this means you will get through it quickly. But please try to get some some rest when you can. I realise you have to always be spot on because of your daughter but any other time, feet up & rest if possible.

Strong antibiotics can make you have some toilet issues. Yoghurt helped my mum with the aftermath of this when she had pneumonia. She is mid seventies with asthma blood pressure issues, etc and she had pneumonia which was successfully trested with a combo of IV & oral antibiotics.

I bet sleeping is a problem right now? It's not pleasant with pain in the ribs/back with things like this. Nap when you can in whatever position you can get some comfort from.

Get well soon!

Thank you, Terry and Elen.

I actually feel better today and the antibiotics have certainly sorted out the pain. I thought I was imagining the pain because I was so anxious so it was almost a relief to get some medical explanation..
    I always eat live yogurt but as usual with me my guts have slowed down so I've got the opposite problem!

The real difficulty is the anger/fear that I am ill from my daughter and the denial and lack of awareness from my OH who likes things to carry on as normal. The doctor reckons I'll be better in about 10 days and this won't happen again but I know that I'm worn out-partly self-inflicted-so have to treat myself a bit better.

Thank you for your good wishes-they are very much appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information