Thread: Symptom Swapping...

Symptom Swapping...

Hi everyone...

Just a question and opinions from others.... does anyone have Symptom swapping issues...

You worry about your heart and you get past that and then another might pop up ie pain in your leg or stomach etc....

I know it's anxiety related and to do with being hypersensitive to things just wanting other people's stories... some things on here i read and dont worry about and others relate more...

I guess we are all in line here with our over active minds and dwelling and thought I'd see if anyone else gets this.

I hope where ever you are you're going ok. Xx

Cheers

Re: Symptom Swapping...

Yes. I had a hip ache from travelling and was convinced it was bone cancer or a tumour. When that blew over, I was sure I had a spinal tumour or kidney problem because my lower to mid back hurt [probably because of bad posture]

Me too. All types of cancer. I currently have on off leg aches and hip pain so I’m convinced I have some sort of cancer. I think that’s the thing with health anxiety.

Yes ive had eye,kidney,bladder,bowel and now i have brain cancer all in the past 6 Months

I do it too. Since my friend died of cancer earlier this year I have convinced myself I may have about 10 different types of cancer.

Yesterday I wrote a list of what I thought I had and why I ended not having them and thatvthose particular symptoms are now gone.

It helped a bit to reassure myself. There's a pattern. I don't have cancer, but Inoften think I do. Repeated episodes of worry and stress I belive jas brought about my HA symptoms. Mainly nausea, lack of appetite and occasional fatigue. I'm now doing my best to address my anxiety now that I have accepted its an issue.

Thanks for the replies.... its frustrating but just have to ride the waves hey... anything is possible if we let our minds wonder!

Thread Information