Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cbt4Panic Gradual Exposure for dp/dr

Re: Cbt4Panic Gradual Exposure for dp/dr

So just sent a message I really didn't want to send

I sent a message telling my boss that maybe she needed to find someone else to look after her children.

Everyone tells me I have to look after my brain and put others 2nd... but my brain just can't do that

Everytime I put pressure on my head to go back to work then my head then rebels and today I just got in the car sat i it and cried and panicked.

,any people tell me I have to force myself to do things so my head needs to realise things aren't scary and others like cbt4panic tell me I have to do it really gradually..... I am confused as to what to do.

All I know is that my boss deserves some stability and so do her children.... so me saying I am almost ready to come back (which my brain believes at the time) and then not being able to do it is letting her down and she doesn't deserve that.

She is ringing me n her way home from work......
    I am completely heartbroken, it tore my heart in two sending the message but it had to be sent.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

so my boss has now called and told me not to be so stupid.... and that she isn't allowing e to quit

she says she will work round me however long it takes but obviously the sooner the better for both of us....

My head is still crying and basically not sure if they re happy tears of just that my brain is overloaded...... I could do with a good nights sleep.... fingers crossed

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I think anticipatory anxiety plays a big part in this, Venus. The JFDI approach is fine when there is no build up to an anxiety-inducing "event" but when you've got time to think about doing something challenging it's all the harder to do.

How kind and understanding your boss sounds. You'll get there but maybe you need to do it your own way and not follow a set programme? Find what works for you without putting pressure on yourself?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information