Thread: I know this has been asked but.... Reducing mirtazapine when will I feel WD's?

I know this has been asked but.... Reducing mirtazapine when will I feel WD's?

Hi,

Most of you know my med regime - (mirtazapine, quetiapine, buspirone and the odd diazepam) been on mirtazapine since August 2016. I am on 30mg and I have 4 days ago reduced to 15mg. Other than feeling a bit dizzy and sick what to expect??

I know that some symptoms can be psychosomatic but just wondering what others have experienced?

Cheers

Re: I know this has been asked but.... Reducing mirtazapine when will I feel WD's?

In my experience as long as you do it slowly you can avoid withdrawal

Re: I know this has been asked but.... Reducing mirtazapine when will I feel WD's?

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    In my experience as long as you do it slowly you can avoid withdrawal
    That’s what I’m hoping to do -
    I’ve reduced from 30 to 15 then going to stay there for a month or so. Today I have some anxiety and itching

Day 5 of reduction : noticeable decrease in appetite, defo eyes bigger than belly and just realising how much it did increase appetite. Mood is plz not 100% but not 50% I would say about 80%.

Day 6 and anxiety through the ROOF!!! Contemplating going back up to 30? Even diazepam doesn’t help the panic and anxiety ****!

Thread Information