Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scared of brain tumor. Help??

Scared of brain tumor. Help??

Hi,
    So within the past month I've convinced myself I've had breast cancer, lymphoma, mouth cancer and other stuff. I'm and 18 year old girl and have lupus. Currently I've convinced myself I have a brain tumor. For a long time now (two years) I noticed that my right temple is larger than my left. Not a lump just it just doesn't divit in like the other side and the muscle seems harder. Also I'm pretty sure I have TMJ since my jaw gets sore and pops out and stuff. My mom has TMJ and says I do to. I've been stressing about this for about a week and in that time I've had a constant pain behind my right eye. I've been reading the interned (I know that's a mistake) and everyone says it's a tumor. I'm so so scared can someone please help??

Re: Scared of brain tumor. Help??

Quote Originally Posted by Gmusic View Post
    Hi,
    So within the past month I've convinced myself I've had breast cancer, lymphoma, mouth cancer and other stuff. I'm and 18 year old girl and have lupus. Currently I've convinced myself I have a brain tumor. For a long time now (two years) I noticed that my right temple is larger than my left. Not a lump just it just doesn't divit in like the other side and the muscle seems harder. Also I'm pretty sure I have TMJ since my jaw gets sore and pops out and stuff. My mom has TMJ and says I do to. I've been stressing about this for about a week and in that time I've had a constant pain behind my right eye. I've been reading the interned (I know that's a mistake) and everyone says it's a tumor. I'm so so scared can someone please help??
    The probability that you have cancer at 18 years old is ridiculously low. I don't know that the difference between your muscles on each temple means anything really, but if it did, I would be willing to bet that it has something to do with your TMJ, which as you know, isn't life threatening.

The constant pain behind your eye could just be a normal headache, could be sinus related. It could also be made worse if you sit there and dwell on it. I had pain behind and around my eyes and pretty much all over my head the last few weeks. I was worried about a brain tumor as well. I had a MRI today and guess what? My brain is perfectly fine...no tumors or anything.

Enjoy your Christmas, you're so young to be worrying about all this and I know health anxiety is hell but I HIGHLY doubt anything is wrong with you.

Hey so over Christmas time I was feeling a lot better about this anaxiety. No more headaches wasn't thug about it. But now the fear is back. And I have this pain behind my right eye (same side as where my temple muscle is bigger). I'm so scared. I had this pain like a year ago and the doctor said it was dry eye and it went away. I'm just so so scared. Can someone please help me. I'm in a constant state of fear

I have the same thing. It's from tmj. the muscles in your jaw are tense and overdeveloped on one side. My left temple is literally sore to the touch 100% of the time. Fixating on is just making the symptoms worse which makes the fear worse which makes the symptoms seem worse.... you need to break the feedback loop! Try meditating 5 mins in the morning and 5 mins at night everyday for a week. That usually helps me.

Thank you so much for your reply and encouraging words. Thag made me feel much better. My anxiety is still out of control about it tho. I'm so convinced it's a tumor. I can't go to the doctor because my mom knows I'm a hypochondriac. I'm at a loss:(

It's not a brain tumour, I've had first hand experience of seeing one (my dad).Trust me, what you have is not this

You're exhibiting no symptoms, and if it was, you'd likely be very ill or not with us if you'd had this for 2 years.Our skulls are not symmetrical, and this is no cause for alarm.

The headache will be caused by tension/anxiety

Hi there,

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I know it isn't at all funny how you are feeling now, but there is currently a spate of 'brain tumour fears' on this forum. There seems to be a lot of it about, particularly in the younger age group. I have been chatting with a couple of people of your age on PM about having my own 'brain tumour' at 19 years old (no, I didn't have one of course, but it felt 100% as if I did, I was entirely convinced, btw I am now 49!). I had headaches, floaters in my eyes, everything felt bright and light seemed to hurt my eyes, one eye was closing and I had pain behind that one eye, weakness in various body parts and assorted other symptoms. HA is a powerful thing, it can trick you into thinking and seeing things that are simply not there. Even if reassured you don't believe that reassurance, as your fear has trained your mind into believing something. There are lots of articles on this site, about HA for you to read, and if you do a search you will find a number of current threads by people of your age who are having similar feelings. This will at least reassure you that you aren't alone in this common HA fear.

Not only do brain tumours not 'come and go' but your doctor would categorically know what to look for and sees no sinister problem. There is a cause for how you are feeling, anxiety can cause all the symptoms you describe. There is no brain tumour.

Thank you for that reassurance. I am feeling much better about it. Now I just need to stop touching the side on my head because I'm aggravating it and making it sore. Thank you all.

Hello,
    I’ve been doing a lot better with my anxiety for two months. No panic attacks or anything. But this past month I’ve been noticing this cloudy floater spot in my right side vision. I’m convinced once again I have a brain tumor. I had an eye appointment a few months ago and I got the all clear. Please help.

Floaters are not indicative of brain problems. They're caused by a ton of things, none of them serious.

I've had floaters and visual snow for years but there's nothing I can really do about it. Mine are caused by stress and high blood pressure.

You said you have lupus, floaters can also be caused by the condition as well.

Since you had an eye appointment very recently, there's absolutely no way you've got a brain tumour, no matter what visual disturbances you're experiencing. If it were caused by a swelling in the brain/skull, it would have been picked up on by the optometrist as there would be a change in eye pressure as well as visible pressure on the optic nerve.

Totally normal to have floaters, I would say probably everyone gets them at some point in their life.

Pregabalin 300mg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information