Thread: Struggling on fluoxetine

Struggling on fluoxetine

Hi I’m really struggling on fluoxetine I’ve been on it for a week but my anxiety is very high I’m struggling to cope!! Can’t eat anything I’m shaking sweating panicking chest pain stomach pain feel sick keep crying really having a hard time! Are these normal side effects or should I stop taking them any advise would be much appreciated thanks

Re: Struggling on fluoxetine

It made me feel like that too so I went off it and am trying something else. Is your doctor available?

Make sure you go up on that med slowly. I was put on 20mg of it and I couldnt hang. So years later I started at 5mg - 10mg then to 20.

Im very sensitive to meds. Stick with it, it WILL WORK. BUt you may need to come down a bit.

I am having the exact same issue! I am taking pristiq and am on the therapeutic dose of 50MG and have been so for 4 weeks. I'm having chest tightness, shaking (internal shaking, worrisome thought, sleepless night, increased anxiety that a benzo will barely help. Is it time to call it quits? I haven't taken my pristiq today. I'm waiting for a call back from the doctor to see what to do.

I stopped that an started sertraline but that just seems as bad, so god knows what to do? What did the doctor say? X

She hasn't called me back yet. :( I will call again in an hour or so.

How are you doing today? My anxiety is still really high. I am playing phone tag with my doctor. I think i am going to start weaning off the Pristiq. It's making me worse :(

Hi I’ve had a good day today! Kept myself busy, hope your doing ok hasn’t your doctor been in touch yet? Yeah that’s what fluoxetine did to me so started sertraline feeling abit better, I’m a lot better then I was anyway x

yes, she has contacted me and told me to drop my dose from 50MG to 25, so today is my first day. I can't wait to get this stuff out of my body! I've been on it for 5 weeks, I hope I don't suffer major withdrawls. It can't be any worse than what i'm feeling now. Fingers crossed xxx.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information