Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best medication for OCD?

Re: Best medication for OCD?

i have been to the docs today to get clomiparmine dosage upped to 20mg as i feel it is giving me some benefit without major side effects.I was hoping to be better by now to be able to face work. But doc has signed me off for another month so i can progress further whilest taking meds.Intrusive thoughts still there but seem to be managing them into the background.So fingrs crossed i can eventually pull through this glitch.
    regards Chad

hi chad you will get threw it was signed off work 4 4 months you cant rush back til you are better . you sound more positive chad thats a good sighn take care elaine xx

I have tried practically every drug available for OCD over the past 10 years. Best one by a clear mile has been chlomipramine I am currently taking 300mg and 20mg of escitalopram and 700mg of quetiapine. All at maximum doses but these have been built up over a long period, been on chlomipramine for 3 years. It made me very nervous when I first started taking it, making me shake quite badly but overtime the anxiety wears off and you just feel a lot better. The same for the quetiapine been on that for about 8 years made me tired to the point of rediculousness but now I barely notice it. I must say though that alcohol is like the worst possible thing, if I have say 2 beers after a couple of days I notice the ocd coming back and lasts for a good 5 weeks, its like alcohol in any quantity stops the medication working. Also I have noticed my memory is awful and this for me is probably the worst side effect, can't remember what happened in a film I watched yesterday, or what someone has just said to me sometimes. I have tried lowering the quetiapine to 600mg and this has helped with the memory but I feel awful, depressed and tense and just not myself. I have tried this about 3 different times, so I know all the meds are benefitting me, if you can put up with the side effects I would say it has definitely helped and gotten me to the point where I can enjoy things again but has not totally gone away. I have also attended anxiety groups, counselling and read loads of books on OCD, that is half the battle knowing what your up against. Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information