Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chances that a small red bite I got in the Caribbean is a spider bite?

Chances that a small red bite I got in the Caribbean is a spider bite?

Am on a cruise and spent the day at the beach. I came back and found a small red dot and it’s pretty itchy and painful. What are the chances it’s a poisonous bite? I looked up the place I was and the most common bites are are just the usual ants and fleas

Re: Chances that a small red bite I got in the Caribbean is a spider bite?

I don’t know how anyone here could possibly give you an answer to that question.

So, from the information you looked up what do you think is the most likely reason & outcome?

You are searching for the rare stuff as the cruise is obviously triggering your anxiety badly. So, when a trigger thought comes do you think you could try to rationalise it and tell yourself you are not chasing further reassurance and will distract yourself with another activity?

Yeah I guess I’m worried because I’m a cruise there’s not even the chance of medical treatment

I thought they are all equipped with a ship's medical team including a doctor?

Yeah but they might not have the same medical facilities as I get at home and might not have the antidote to spider bite

No chance of medical treatment? Cruise ships have a sick bay with a medical team, so in the unlikely event you need medical assistance you will get treatment... No need to worry about that... As far as your bite goes, I dont think anyone here is going to be able to answer that question but seeing you were at the beach could it possibly be just a simple sand flea bite????

You are on a cruise, have fun!!!!

Geez pt... give it a break! C'mon now! Botulism from canned goods and now poisonous spider bites?

With respect, this is totally ridiculous and beyond irrational. Somewhere deep down do you recognize this, right?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 27-12-17 at 00:02.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If you can run up a wall with the greatest of ease, maybe a spider bite.

But seriously, no.

Serious medical cases can be transferred via coastguard, helicopter, etc.

But I know the kind of thoughts you are describing, they are exactly the same as ones about how you worry when your doctor's surgery is closed or you are away from home anywhere. Try to accept them as your mind working out possibilities & options, not certainties and try to dismiss them like a checklist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information