Thread: Broken radiator - panic over, heart still thumping!

Broken radiator - panic over, heart still thumping!

Just needed to vent to people who get it. Everything's fine now. I was on my way to bed and noticed one of the radiators was cold so I bled it. And then realised the nut was broken and I couldn't turn it off.

There was a comedy aspect as every time I let go of the towel I was holding over it, a massive jet of water spurted either into my face or my cleavage - not a preety sight for the emergency plumber, poor man.

Anyway I kept relatively calm. Luckily I had my phone with me and realised if I went to the British Gas homecare page I would be able to phone from the link. Then spoke to my daughter while I was waiting. But it was getting pretty wet!

I was all ready for bed but now I am sitting with a mug of valerian tea, waiting for my heart to stop thumping.

I did pretty well really as for some reason floods are one of my real terrors - never had one. This last week I have had fleeting mental visions of the washing machine flooding (it never has) and I wonder if it was a slight premonition. Anyway all is well now, but my heart is still thudding a bit.

Thank goodness I didn't have the 24 hour BP monitor on! Still wondering if they allow for your BP to spike every fourteen minutes when you realise it's time for the machine to go again... I'll find out soon!

Re: Broken radiator - panic over, heart still thumping!

Sounds like quite a night! Well done for getting through

Quote Originally Posted by Speranza View Post

There was a comedy aspect as every time I let go of the towel I was holding over it, a massive jet of water spurted either into my face or my cleavage - not a preety sight for the emergency plumber, poor man.
    That's getting my BP up!

Things like this that come out of the blue are testing with anxiety. I've found they were a problem with my GAD but I've learned to handle them now. There are still times though when one spikes me, it maybe because I'm less hardened that day due to other things but I'm still not sure.

It's often the case that doing something about it is empowering and boosts confidence. I think the natural use of adrenaline takes over. It's more anticipation or the aftermath where it seems to be more about anxiety.

Well done for pushing through it all. It shows you the strength you have that you may not realise the rest of the time.

Thank you. I've been doing really well in the past couple of years but am aware of unfocussed - that is, no idea why - anxiety lately. Perhaps this was cathartic!

Thread Information