Thread: Escitralopram - time of day you take it?

Escitralopram - time of day you take it?

Me again... sorry for another post.

After am initial wobble on this medication I've decided to start taking them again to try and give them a proper chance to work. Keen to see what time of day taking this medication others have found beneficial. I'm aware it may be trial and error. Many thanks

Re: Escitralopram - time of day you take it?

It all depends on how you react to it. You need to pay attention to how you feel after taking it. If for example it makes you sleepy after 2,3h then take it in the evening. If you feel a bit more anxious after taking it then perhaps morning would be a good time. But always take it after eating. So pick either morning, afternoon or evening. 40-60 min after having a proper meal. I found that it helps with possible stomach side effects.

I for example take it 1h or so, after lunch. I took it like thaf for 2 years in the past and had no issue. But again, it's all up to how you feel. First few weeks might be rough, but you need to be strong. We are here when you need support.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I take it in the morning because I have found I sleep poorly if I take it at night. But everybody is different. You won't really have an accurate idea for a few weeks.

For what it's worth, first month was rough, but after two months I felt great.

I take mine at 10am everyday (with about half an hour to spare in case I sleep in), because my doctor told me to take it in the mornings only, at the exact same time... and I didn't want to take it too early (like 8am or something).

Thread Information