Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Morning diarreah

Anyone relate?

So with (my so called) ibs issues, I tend to find that I wake up and my stomach feels a bit crampy. This can be the top of my stomach or even my abdomen. I then feel constopatedbor like something’s blocking my stool and then WHAM I get hit with a diarreah and that feeling of not emptying my bowls. I want to be excited for xmas but I’m worried that my stomach will play up and I’ll suffer? What can the docs do for me and how can I be tested for cancer?

What tests could I get

Struggling bad with my Bowels again and the constant feeling and thoughthts in my head about cancer. What tests apart from an edoscopy can I get to see what’s going on? Would a full blood count show?

Re: What tests could I get

Hi there,

If it was me I would stray from getting more tests unless your symptoms get really bad or change significantly. This is because most likely once get the results you may notice something harmless is slightly elevated and think the worst or connect it to your fears of cancer. If you are certain that the test is the only thing that will reassure you then go ahead but do not trap yourself into the cycle I did and try and get tested for everything. There is no long term reassurance it will offer as you will begin to feel another symptom and worry.

Peace and love

Fear I have blood in stools

I’ve had this fear for a while and I promised Christmas last year would be my last one feeling and worrying like I do. When I go to the toilet I look down and I never can tell weather there’s blood in the toilet or it’s just turned that colour because of the stool. I get the torch on my phone and start searching to see if it’s blood. All my stomach problems make me believe it is. Does anyone else fear this?

Re: Fear I have blood in stools

I think youd know if the water turned red with blood. If in doubt, go to the docs, or get a home testing fobt kit, but if you're having to check with a torch (!) I suspect there is no blood present.

Anyone else suffer these symptoms with their stomach?

Does anyone ever get that horrible bloated feeling, the gurgling, lots of wind, sulphur burps (egg type burps)? I wake everyday with that feeling of ‘here we go again’ I know I’ll watch very closely for blood in my stool or at the bottom of he toilet, I’ll wonder if I’ll get the sulphur burps, I’ll wonder if I’ll have diarreah. Then I think of the hospital and what would happen if I was admitted? What tests would be done and also what if he like if I found out it was something sinister? I read a lot on the internet about cancer in younger people and we don’t catch it on time cause we think it’s not happened to us. I just feel a bit lonely and like no one understands me so I hope if anyone can relate, they do reply to me.

Merry Christmas everyone x

Re: Anyone else suffer these symptoms with their stomach?

Hi,

Just letting you know I've felt that too. Though I get nausea instead of diarrhoea and I constantly worry somethings terribly wrong in my stomach or liver. Mine is there in the morning and afternoon. I've heard that if you're anxious, your body can wake up in a state of anxiety, and the stomach is one of the biggest things effected by anxiety and emotions. Might also be worth getting tested for H.Pylori as that can cause an upset stomach with bloating and belching and high stomach acid. How long have you felt like this?

Re: Anyone else suffer these symptoms with their stomach?

Probs about a year. I was tested for hpylori but it came back negative x

Anyone else get anxious over Christmas?

Does anyone else worry with their stomach issues over xmas and can’t really enjoy it incase something triggers off diarreah? I’m dreading it but really want to enjoy it. I’m feeling emotional. Anyone else feel the same?

Re: Anyone else get anxious over Christmas?

Yes!! So many people overindulge at Christmas but I try to take it easy. Of course it's really tempting when there's so many lovely treats around.
    Hope you have a lovely Christmas without any tummy issues
    XXX

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information