Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hypnic jolts and sleep issues.

Re: Hypnic jolts and sleep issues.

You are welcome! You are winning, your head really knows things are ok, this is just a blip. You are clearly prone to fascilation, like my good self.

bump

So these Hypnic jerks are back again and quite a lot of them (well they never really went they just happened once or twice before sleep and that was it). I think its because I'm anxious about Coronavirus and am experiencing a few minor symptoms so maybe my anxiety is high.

Thing is I don't get them if I drink alcahol but obviously can't rely on that. Do people get these jerks? I know they are common about sleep onset.

Anyone? Really could do with some support.

Do a search. There are plenty of threads about this.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi. Yes I get them! How are you getting on? Did you try magnesium?

I've had the twitching for over 4 years now. Still hate it, and wish it would resolve. I don't get the hypnic jerks as much, but sometimes I do. I did last night, and I noticed it was after a stressful day and being anxious about a bad evening of twitching.

Update for anyone going through this:

So a little over 3 weeks ago I became a father for the first time. Its been tiring but amazing at the same time.

Regarding the jerks. The day my son was born until yesterday I didn't experience one jerk after experiencing them off and on since Dec 2017. My mind wasn't occupied on the jerks and guess what? They didn't come. I had something else to pre occupy my thoughts which leads me to believe they were definitely caused by anxiety. I then had 1 or 2 yesterday when I became annoyed i couldn't sleep but I get what they are now.

You got to remember hypnic jerks are completely normal. People twitch before sleep onset..'normal' people and they don't give a damn. My brother came to my house a few times this last week and I could see him twitching as he was falling asleep but he couldn't give a single damn and he has zero anxiety. My son i see twitch before sleep and a thats a 3 week old who I somehow doubt is anxious.

Took a while to understand but I get it now. Still not sleeping very well but thats for other reasons and couldn't be happier.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information