Thread: duloxetine for panic dissorders

Question duloxetine for panic dissorders

Hello
    Has anyone been or currently on this medication for panic attack/ panic dissorders? I want to find out how its helped with it as im due to start on it soon. Thank you

Re: duloxetine for panic dissorders

Curious if you ended up starting? I'm due to start today!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    The adrenaline threshold is 60mg for this med. I found the 30mg dose was similar to other SSRI's with the nausea but that was just the first two days and then it calmed down. Oddly it didn't give me insomnia, something Citalopram caused me loads of problems with.

I found the 60mg hard though. But I don't think I've ever been suited to this particular med.

Thank you mine name is Terry. What do you mean by the adrenaline threshold? Just curious I took 20MG last night and was wide awake all night!

Thank you mine name is Terry. What do you mean by the adrenaline threshold? Just curious I took 20MG last night and was wide awake all night!
    It's the point at which it starts to have an impact on adrenaline. Prior to this dose it's too weak and just acts as a SSRI.

I was prone to insomnia, I was already struggling with it, so I was really surprised it didn't make that worse. Perhaps you need to vary the time you take it? I used to take mine around 6pm anyway so that might have been one reason for me.

Are you off the Pristiq now or are you cross tapering?

Hows it going?

Hi my name is terry,

I had NO idea that it only acts as an SSRI at a low level. I have literally been up ALL night long (tossing and turning),--- Maybe, getting an hour or two of sleep a night. I am also sick with a bad cold so that's making it worse. I find that my mind won't shut off and i'm just not tired when i lay down to go to sleep. I finally gave in one night and took 1MG of xanax and knocked out for the whole night. I really needed the sleep, but I don't want to rely on that. So far that's the only side effect I'm getting, but it's only day 4 of the the 20 MG. I actually skipped last night's dose to see if i could sleep- NOPE! I'm switching to the morning now, so just took one.

And yes, I was in the process of cross tapering from pristiq, which i stopped today. Maybe the two together were keeping me up, in addition to being sick with a stuffy nose and sore throat. It's the perfect sh***t storm.

What do doctor's prescribe if a med works, but you can't sleep? It is always trazadone? Does that actually work? I hate to take another med, as I want to eventually get off of the Klonopin.
    Thanks!

I was prescribed Cymbalta just yesterday. Today will be my second day taking it. Wish me luck--I have MAJOR pharmacophobia!! I have high hopes that it will help!! Best of luck to you all!!

Hello, How are you getting on? I have been too scared and putting off starting Cymbalta for two weeks!!

Thread Information