Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the smooth follow soon????

Will the smooth follow soon????

Just had a lovely week of work to get a call yesterday to say that my boss has gone running to the head Governor to say that i was AWOL Absent Without Leave. She granted me the leave and so did my immediate boss but are both now in denial, so as i am not supposed to know this have to go into work on Monday totally blind to the situation but know she has taken it much further. Have spoken to governors and POs today since i found out and they will all back me as know i wouldnt do that but i am still shocked she could do something so spiteful. As a manager i feel she should have approached me and talked to me first and if duty of care came into it and as they thought i should be at work i am still waiting for the phone call to see why. Like one of the managers said today, they havent rang me so anything could have happened if they honestly believed i wasnt supposed to be on leave.

So forewarned suppose forarmed but another thing i dont really need. Apparently she has told people she doesnt want me in the office as i can do the job better than her and she is sick of looking a fool. Why not tell me rather than running to higher powers and making me look bad.

I am anxious over this but have written everything down in my defence so i wont be going in blind on monday. If she couldnt get on with me would have preferred her to say so and let me move to the wing i wanted to work rather than been kicked out. And wasnt it just a few weeks ago i asked to be out of the office and back on the wing, but she wouldnt let me. How the tables turn.

Love Sal xxxxx

Sounds like a right 'set-up', Sal!
    As you say-- if you were AWOL--surely someone would have contacted you earlier in the week--& should have done so, in case you were ill or something.
    And it sounds as if you are 'a victim of your own success'---you are better at the job than she is & she can't hack that one.
    Surely she'll be found out--as a troublemaker, it's almost surprising she's been listened to really.
    Have you had problems with this boss before? Does she have a grudge, apart from you doing the job better?
    I'm sure it will sort out---but I can understand how you don't need the aggravation. You've just had a reasonable week trying to sort things out for yourself--& then something like this lands on you.
    It will be ok, in the end, because this woman has to be 'found out' & because you are good at your job---in spite of, or, more likely, because of all you've been through.
    This woman will end up looking silly!

Linda xx

PS.-----and we're supposed to be the 'unhinged ones'!!!

Hi Linda

thanks for your reply. Yes she does have history but never yet been proved for it, but i wont let it lie as its the last thing i need before Christmas when i was trying to sort myself out.

Like the Care Team Manager pointed out tonight as she called round i could have been dead for all they cared but they never contacted me which shows they had no doubt i was on leave.

Getting myself so chewed about it but pleased i have been warned before i go into it on monday morning. Know i will be going to a wing as she has asked to get me kicked out of the office, which is fine by me but funny when i asked for that she wouldnt hear of it. Been told by my union rep tonight that if they move me i can hold on to my shift pattern for at least three months, so that will be fine by me.

At end of the day like so many people have said who have rang me today, keep telling me i should be out of there as it is so corrupt but now apparently my other boss is scared i will let it all out so is trying to keep me sweet, bit too late after he has let her take it so far.

Not usually like me to want to hold grudges or take issues further but this time after all i have done to cover up her mistakes feel i would be a fool not to be.

Thanks mate.

Love Sal xxxxx

Sal,
    You are doing the right thing--by not letting this one lie--what she has done against you is outright lying with no basis apart from her inadequacy, not yours.
    And though you've got to live with it 'til Monday--as you say, best forewarned. Must make you very angry & unsettled---&, of course that's not good for the old adrenalin & anxiety,eh!
    Irony is--you'll end up with what you wanted a few weeks back i.e. to go back on the wings. Just a pity the route to it had to be via a hiccup of this sort!
    I do love to hear, though, how the other boss is 'backpedaling & spinning like mad' to try to undo some of the damage. Rather serves 'em right.
    This isn't a grudge on your part, Sal, its just you stating what really was/is the truth.

Thinking of you---& worry not, mate, you will come out on top here!

Linda xx

Hi Linda

Spoken to another boss this morning and he was a member of the union, so he said he will represent me. He doesnt see it been a problem, but for us we do worry.

He says i have plenty to take out a grievance on her and at end of day as they wouldnt let me move then will suddenly move me he feels it is right that i approach them with all the details i have, regardless of what happens to her.

I know she will try to worm her way out of it and be in denial that she approached higher management, but i think by the sounds of it it has gone past that, so will just have to wait and see what happens on Monday.

Just grateful i know what she has done and i am not going in blind.

Thanks.

Love Sal xxxxx

Hiya Sal,

Good luck on Monday, some people really have 'problems' don't they!!

I mean imagine being so spiteful!! we should actually feel sorry for her as it it soo sad (and no I wouldn't feel sorry for her but I hope you know what I mean!!)

Anyway just thought I would write a wee note of support

Love
    Lucky

Hi Sal

If you really had been AWOL they wouldn't have waited.
    You would have had a phone call within a few hours of your shift starting! They wouldn't have waited a week to contact you.

Writing things down in your defence is an excellent start. Good thinking.
    Having a union rep at your meeting is also an great idea.

If you believe the person you are working with has a "grievance" and is doing things to make things difficult for you, now is the time to bring it up.

Don't forget to mention the fact that you wanted to move back to the wing and this person said no.

Good luck for Monday.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Hi Sal,

Sounds to me like this woman is about to made to look a fool.

Are holidays not recorded somewhere? Would any body honestly wait more than a couple of hours before contacting someone they were expecting in!!?

Doesnt sound like you will have too much trouble but it is just extra aggravation that you could do without at the moment isnt it.

Will think of you on Monday, let us know how it goes.

Sue

hi Sal,

You are in the right and the truth will come out in the end!! Good luck on Monday.
    See you soon hopefully!

Sarah

Thanks for your replies.

I know she is in the wront but i cant help feeling anxious about it but on Monday at least i will know where i stand.

Have written it all down so i am prepared just still shocked as a manager she didnt manage me and ran to the top governor, but with what i have prepared and the union i dont suppose the top governor will be too impressed but then again who knows.

Has made my weekend hard and must admit have gone in to myself. New Sarah was supposed to be coming over to stay last night and i backed out as i felt that bad but looking bad maybe Sarah been with me is what i needed. But we have arranged to meet tomorrow and will stick to it if Sam picks up as at moment she is full of cold and has sickness etc.

Just got her to sleep in my bed but she looks so pale and when she asked to go out with my brothers wife this morning i agreed but could see how ill she looked but also she didnt want to feel left out, so didnt know what to do.

Hope she sleeps throught the nite and will see how she is in the morning.

Love Sal xxxxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information