Thread: Breast cancer symptoms in early 20's? Blue vein

Breast cancer symptoms in early 20's? Blue vein

Hi ladies, first time posting in one of these forums but my HA is driving me to. I'm 22 and have been on birth control (Yasmin) for three years, not currently sexually active. Last month I began to feel some on/off tenderness in my right breast, went to a doctor who did a physical exam, and she brushed it off as wearing the wrong type of bra (granted I choose style over practicality), and after she reassured me the tenderness totally disappeared. Fast forward to a couple of nights ago, when I looked in the mirror getting undressed and noticed two bright blue veins on my right breast. I had never really looked at them in the mirror before, so have no idea how long it's been there. I spent the entire night poking it for anything suspicious, which lead to it being tender again. I then went to a doctor who had previously worked in a breast clinic, and assured me that even the slightest bit of doubt and he would send women for a mammogram. He felt nothing abnormal, and said the vein on my breast was nothing to worry about. Yet I'm not overly reassured. What could be causing tenderness and veins in the same breast? Granted I'm very pale, but surely I'd have them in both breasts then? Sorry for the huge rant, just so exhausted from worrying about cancer :(

Re: Breast cancer symptoms in early 20's? Blue vein

I have a very thick blue vein in one of mine and some similar in my other. Have for years.

I am betting it's hormonal. Even though you are on Yasmin - you are still messing with hormones. I end up seeing blue veins on mine too especially near my cycle, but I can always see one somewhere on then on any given day but I am super fair skinned. Hope this helped.

Mine are very blue vainy always have been don't panic u probably haven't noticed it before

Thread Information