Thread: Gastritis?

Gastritis?

I've had a rough few months. In July I finally admitted to myself I was sexually abused when I was 14. I have been binge drinking on and off since then. Started therapy in November and slowly drank less and less but then discovered my fiancée had been lying about a number of things so chucked him out before Christmas. Heavy drinking resumed. I also swallowed my sertraline without water a few days before Christmas. It got stuck and I was in absolute agony until I vomited very heavily.

For the past few days I've been nauseous , sick a few times, cramps, back pain, diarrhoea and the top part of my abdomen is boiling hot to touch. I feel like I've done some serious damage and cross with myself due to the alcohol. I do have stress related ibs too but it's gone on for longer and a different kind of pain.

I'm at my parents until next Tuesday so not registered doctor nearby. Any words of reassurance would be great :(

Re: Gastritis?

I'm sorry you're struggling :( I don't know what I can say as reassuring you for self-destructive behavior isn't warranted. All I can say is stop drinking and allow your body to calm down.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I dont really understand here. Are you worried about getting or having gastritis? That is a very common condition that people LIVES with, not dying from. Unpleasant, yes, and often uncomfortable, but yes common. I probably havie it. I wish that is what I have and not something more dangerous. If that is what you fear you are fearing less worse things than me.
    I dont think alcohol use/abuse causes gastritis, but it certainly makes it worse so of you fear you have it maybe not drinking alcohol would be a good advice.

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering at the moment.

Whether it is gastritis or not, I would say that alcohol consumption is definitely making things worse so I would try to stop drinking if I was you. Give yourself a week or so off the drink and I bet you feel better.

Hoping you feel better soon.

Thread Information