Thread: Twitching finger and thumb

Twitching finger and thumb

I know I have health anxiety and I've been trying to take more steps as of late to help with it. My dad has had Parkinson's for a couple years (he's in his 70s) and I guess I'm feeling nervous it might be hereditary. (FYI I'm a 42-year-old female.)

My left thumb (mostly) and index finger and right thumb (once in a while) sometimes twitch once or twice. I've had hand issues over the years including surgery for a cyst in one wrist, plus occasional carpal tunnel (hasn't happened for a while) plus I use my cell phone a lot. When I was in college my hand would get fatigued if I wrote for a long time.

I know it's probably strain or stress/anxiety related but since there's no way to know for sure without spending a ton of $$ it's hard to fully put the stress out of my mind. I looked at a website that talked about early signs of Parkinson's and that just stressed me out more.

Thanks, Friends. The posts on this site have been a huge help to me.

Re: Twitching finger and thumb

That happens to me often, and it's usually my left hand. It's a really common place to twitch.

Thanks, melfish!

Hey,

I get twitching too in my hands (particularly my right hand) I haven't ever given much thought to it as I know Parkinson's is incredibly rare in young and middle aged folk. I'm pretty sure it's nothing, there is no need to worry. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, from what I hear Parkinson's is a terrible and scary disease, but that does not mean you are going to get it too. My dad has a few conditions but I haven't inherited any of them, albeit they are common and not at all threatening. Take care

Peace and love

Thread Information