Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Prion diseases rearing ugly head again

Re: Prion diseases rearing ugly head again

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    Anxiety!
    Way beyond that.

EEG has confirmed pathology in the right hand, slow wave activity suggestive of carpal tunnel syndrome but the physio tests exclude it. Remains unexplained.
    Body wide Rash is also unexplained but impossible to be anxiety, anxiety can do many things but case skin de-pigmentation? No
    The rest I guess could be attributed to anxiety possible in some cases, but taken with the above evidence have to be taken a little more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Imeleedi View Post
    Way beyond that.

EEG has confirmed pathology in the right hand, slow wave activity suggestive of carpal tunnel syndrome but the physio tests exclude it. Remains unexplained.
    Body wide Rash is also unexplained but impossible to be anxiety, anxiety can do many things but case skin de-pigmentation? No
    The rest I guess could be attributed to anxiety possible in some cases, but taken with the above evidence have to be taken a little more seriously.
    What did the doctor who performed the EEG say?

But it's still not the very rare prion disease you have spent how long worrying about? So, what are you doing about tackling your obvious anxiety?

For the benefit of all reading in the future who may be worried about this specific strand or prion disease, or any other. I'd just like to say i'm fine.

Its over. And no matter how bad it might seem right now, at some point in time, it will be for you too.

My symptoms were real, there was no imagining things. Some still linger to this day but none are as severe.

You have probably read the case studies, and if you have you'll know just how many red flags I seemed to hit. It turned out to be a dud. It did for me, and it will for you too.

When all is said and done, its a numbers game, and the numbers on rare diseases like this just don't lie. It ain't gonna happen.

You won't get over your fear and stress over night, it takes months, even years if you are deep enough down the rabbit hole; but I will say this, at least I hope with this post you will take some comfort. I remember every stage of this thread, and what I was feeling at each point, and honestly, around March 2018 I was genuinely contemplating suicide; every single night I got into a hot bath and resisted the urge to open my wrists, I felt that hopeless. I got through it. So will you.

Thanks for your latest message. Glad to hear you’re doing well. A nice reminder that the sun always rises.

Hi there

I was or am very terrified of vcjd. I am 21 years old and born on April 26th, 1998 in Switzerland. I've never been to the UK. I have been afraid of diseases for several years but this fear was the worst there is. I constantly control my memory. Every time I forget something I think it's normal or variant CJD. I also have pain in my legs from time to time, but these are gone. Sometimes. I have the feeling that my cheeks are numb ... I also have dizziness, lightheadedness, headache and permanent tinnitus. sometimes I feel like I have myoclonus, but I'm never sure. Last month I had pain in my cheek for several weeks and was thinking about VCJD again. The dentist thinks it's wisdom tooth and Karries. what if that's just a coincidence The pain is gone, however. For fear, between June and December 2019 I had 6 MRI in a 3 Tesla device with FLAIR and DWI weighting 3 EEG without slowdown and 1 lumbar puncture 14-3-3 negative and TAU normal. But I'm still afraid of CJD What if I'm early?

What have you done to challenge your anxiety? Are you at least now able to look back and know you were wrong? Have you thought about how much you suffered...for nothing? And what about the next time you work yourself into this hole because only HAers do this. I wouldn't care about having your symptoms, many on here wouldn't, and you would look at my years of worries and tell me how pointless it all was.

I am 21 years old and have been afraid of the new variant CJD since May 2019. I have tinitus and a frequent headache. Sometimes I also have pain in my legs and they go back after a few days. I also had pain on the right side of my cheek. The dentist said it was the acne tooth because the mucous membrane was inflamed ... But I'm afraid that these are CJD symptoms. Often it tingles or spikes briefly in the legs or in the. Face. Sometimes I also have deafness. B. between the. Thumb and forefinger.
    Between July 2019 and December 2019 I had 5 MRT 3 Tesla with DWI, FLAIR, T2 3D Toff and DIR sequence without any findings. In addition, I had 3 EEGs without any findings and without general changes or slowing down. Lumbar puncture in the. November without findings. 14-3-3 Negative TAU values ​​also normal .. I also often have tiredness, dizziness, concentration problems and also have the feeling that I forget everything ... I wanted to do all the tests voluntarily. According to doctors, there was no reason to do so.

how likely is a variant CJD if 5 MRI, eEG lumbar puberty TAU, 14-3-3 is normal.

Thank you for your response. I live in Switzerland and have never been to the UK

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information