Thread: How to fight against healthy anxiety?

How to fight against healthy anxiety?

I think I am seriously hypechondric which destroys my everday. I can’t checking my symptoms from google. Doctor google always makes me more stressful. And of course I never believe to my doctors when they tell me that I have no reason to worry.
    My family is getting more and more impatient when I come out with my new serius diseases. I can understand them too but they can’t imagine how much I suffer.
    I was really happy when I found this website cause I found out that I am not lonely amd there are a lot of people who have the same problem as me.
    My question would be how do you guys fight against healthy anxiety or stop checking your symptomps in google and believe to your real doctor?

Re: How to fight against healthy anxiety?

Hi there..... i think you actually answered your own question... stop fighting it... i know its hard but one thing i have learnt is that Anxiety is smart... if you get over one symptom there will be another to replace it... so its best to just try and sit with the feelings ... breathe.... distract yourself... go for a walk.. read a book... talk to someone... the more you pay attention to your Health Anxiety the more it will stop you from living...

Now you might ask what am I doing here then.... well even though I have had anxiety and health related concerns they do still pop up... I'm late 30s... fairly fit.. no physical ailments etc... but Im very hypersensitive to things... and when Im stressed or mind is over simulated my body reacts... i feel a pinch or a pull in my muscles... around my pecs... or an upset stomach and so on...

I have had all the tests... Ecgs. Echocardiograms... Stress test... my Bp is normal and so is my cholesterol.... but when I'm not switched on my Anxious mind can trick me... the what ifs come in... you think what if they missed something but thats when you have to be strong.. and kind to yourself at the same time.

You're not alone... hang in there. Be well.

Thread Information