Thread: Pinching Pain Left Chest - What is it?

Pinching Pain Left Chest - What is it?

Hi there. I was wondering if any of you have suffered a pinching sharp almost stitch like pain in the far left of your chest, above the nipple and to the left sort of in the chest to armpit region both at rest and when exercising?

I had this pain last summer and went to the GP on 3 occasions, had blood pressure taken, temperature taken, heart listened too and was told it was most likely musculoskeletal. I was unconvinced but decided to rest up from exercise (for me that is tennis) for 6 weeks and the pain did subside somewhat. I was more concerned when the pain came on during exercise, as my brain immediately went into a panicked frenzy about cardiac problems.

Anyway I've been unable to exercise since the beginning of December because of flu/weather and decided to have a jog earlier this evening. Within about a minute I was getting these sharp stabbing pains in the area mentioned above. It was painful but not excruciating and I had to stop for a break because it was getting uncomfortable. When my heart rate went down the pain eased off, when I started jogging again the pain came back. Slightly worried that there is something wrong with my heart. I pushed myself when I started jogging again for about 2-3 minutes of jog/sprint and as of writing I have not had anything happen to me apart from feeling a dull sharp twinge in that area of my chest. Have I pulled something/niggled an old injury?

I have an appointment with the GP on Thursday for an unrelated symptom that has thankfully cleared up over Christmas, should I get my chest pain checked out for like a 4th time!?! I am 28, about 2.5 stone overweight. BMI is overweight. I am looking to lose weight in the new year but I need a diet that does not trigger my suspected IBS (which is another concern of mine).

So sorry for the essay. Thanks for your help

Re: Pinching Pain Left Chest - What is it?

Hey .. I have the same feeling! I don't get it when I exercise tho because I don't exercise anymore due to the fear of my heart.. If you ever get an answer can you let me no.. Thankyou!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information