Thread: Sick head feeling behind eyes

Question Sick head feeling behind eyes

Hi, my story is a long one, so I am not sure how to explain or start. As the title says, I get thsee strange head sensations that are extremly disconcerting.
    I am 40 years old and had a seizure at age 19 while lifting something heavy.
    Doctors couldn't find anything wrong with my head but found an aortic narrowing which they repaired.
    Ever since this time I have had periods where I get this sick/faint feeling in my head.....usually the feeling lasts for a few hours and comes and goes.
    There is a little more to explain but that sums it up.
    Question I have is has anyone else experienced these symptoms? I don't know what is causing them and although I have had many neurological tests run 10 years ago when I last had a bad phase, I do worry that is more than just anxiety or bad breathing etc.
    I have had heart operation site checked etc and it all checks out fine.
    I am keen just to talk about this either publicly or one on one with anyone who thinks they can help.
    Thank you

Re: Sick head feeling behind eyes

Not that I am a doctor, but have you considered migraines?

I think migraines is a really interesting idea. Makes a lot of sense. How would I know if it is a migraine type symptom or not though? Ever since this all began back when I had my seizure at age 18, immediately after the following aorta operation I started getting ocular migraines. These symptoms could be a form of migraine I suppose related to the ocular migraines. Thanks a lot for the excellent idea. Perhaps I need to put more thought into migraines........thanks.

Does anyone know of a good health care professional that could help out with such weird symptom's? Thanks

My son who is 12 occasionally tells me he has an "eyeache". I think this means like a headache behind his eye. He always feels sick with it and I tell him to go be sick, and he usually does after a little while, then the "eyeache" stops. Doctor reckons it is migraines. He hovers over the toilet or sits with a bowl until he is sick. A lot of the time he tried to make himself be sick as he knows it gets rid of the "eyeache".
    I am sorry I live in the UK so cannot help with health professionals :(

Thread Information