Thread: Blood clot fears..

Blood clot fears..

Hey guys, Happy new year!

So last wednesday my left leg got vey achy, the kind of pain you get from a bruise. I checked my leg, and there it was, a purple mark on the side of my calve. I couldnt recall hitting my leg there, but didnt think much of it.

Well the “bruise” is gone, but my leg still hurts on the exact same
    spot wether I touch it or not. Its like a constant bruising pain that does not go away. I have no discolorstion that I can see, my leg is not swollen, but it does hurt where I mentioned.

Also is worth mentioning that I drive for uber part time, so I may spend 2-3 hours sitting, i move my legs around and get out of the car when i can, but its a concern I have that I have developed DVT from sitting.

I am going to get it checked out by a doctor if it doesnt go away, i just wanted to see what you guys think the likelyhood of a blood clot forming is. I am 28 yo male, i excercise regularly, and dont smoke.

Rey

Re: Blood clot fears..

Hey there,

Currently experiencing the same fear as you! However mine is due to a lump in the lower left leg and I'm sure you do not have a DVT due to the fact it was bruised before. I sometimes get random bruises I don't know how they have got there but once they disappear you body will still be repairing the area so it will hurt. If in doubt see your doctor but it's highly unlikely given your age, fitness and you don't smoke. Ibruprofen gel is a god send.

Peace and love

Thank you.

I noticed its still bruised in that area a bit, mind you its now been 5 days or so since i first felt the pain and saw the bruise.

Im so afraid of developing DVP since i sit in the car every day for about 2-4 hours... i move as much as I can and I walk around every hour or so.. but this pain is giving me the highest level of anxiety since i went down the als rabit hole..

My docs appt is due on the 9th so we’ll see how it is by then..

I had a bruise that was puffy and pinkish purple. Went to my ARNP and she felt it, she said it wasn't warm and then she had me do pointing exercises (it's a name I forget what it's called) and there was no pain. She felt the bruise again and compared it to the other leg, she then took my hand and had me feel my bruise, and said sometimes this will happen right here be a use varicose veins feel ropey underneath the skin. She said sometimes they are very painful and sometimes they aren't visible. She noted that after I'm through having babies I could have them taken care of and I'd feel like a new woman.

It's a possibility maybe you have varicose veins. If you're not having (anymore) babies you could have this taken care of and eliminate the pain maybe?

Thread Information