Thread: Actavis diazepam - placebo?

Actavis diazepam - placebo?

I was started off on Crest Pharma Diazepam which had a mushy consistency when wet and was easy to swallow. From 4mg it worked wonders on my swallowing issues which seem to be a muscular problem and causes me extreme globus sensation. The Crest stuff got rid of the feelings completely.

I’ve now been changed over to Actavis brand and even 6mg does nothing. Its just like taking no medication at all and they are a harder tablet.

I gave stayed on the Actavis ones for two months but inbetween waiting for my prescription renewal over the christmas period I was given 4mg of the Crest Diazepam from my out of hours GP to get me over until the pharmacy opened.

Again it worked anazingly. I’ve picked up my prescription from my pharmacy today and I really don’t see the point in taking it. I asked the pharmacy could i have the crest brand instead and they said they have now switched to Actavis.

I’m so angry. I believe they are giving this brand out to save money and its not working at all. I can tell a big difference in both brands.

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Crescent pharma

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Crescent pharma

Re: Actavis diazepam - placebo?

Hi I wouldn’t normally agree to things like this as I think a lot of it is psychosomatic but I have found the actavis ones rubbish, the teva brand is good and crescent pharma are ok, the actavis one just don’t seem to do what the others do and I’m talking 10mg doses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for your reply. Its good to know I’m not going crazy.

From the 4mg last night I was totally relaxed with no symptoms bothering me whatsoever, my swallow reflex was normal and smooth whereas its constantly like trying to swallow a golf ball. I get bad crychopharyngeal spasm and the 4mg released it completely. I had a good nights sleep too for the first time.

Actavis is just like being medication free no matter how high the dose is. I am going back to the doctor tomorrow for a new prescription and using a different pharmacy.

Was your original form one that is made to melt under the tongue? If so, your GP could always request that specific form of Diazepam as not all manufacturers even produce it (I think only one manufacturer is licenced for it in the UK but would have to check that on the MHRA site).

Specific forms are more expensive and according to my pharmacist they are under pressure to cut down on costs a lot now but my pharmacist says your GP can always accept the cost themselves and specify more expensive treatments on a prescription.

Spot on ! GP’s worry about the price but if you have a psychiatrist they are less worried about the price and you can also ask them to be brand specific on the prescription. Just means your medication may need to be ordered in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information