Thread: Feeling low & usless

Unhappy Feeling low & usless

hope this is the right place to put this, am really finding it a struggle at the mo, approaching 63, but mentally dont want to be, old age terrifies me, but this is what is happening at the mo.
    Always been active, lots of walking and being on my feet, October 2017 something "snapped" in my knee, had X ray and then wait till Dec for MRI, I am now limping around slowly and pretty painfully, see Dr on the 14th Jan to see what can be done, as he suspects bits of something floating in knee. i now feel old slow and painfully aware that I am getting old, I am terrified that my knee will get no better and I will be limping round like this for the next however long I have. The constant pain and discomfort, along with curtailing activities is slowly but surely leading me to get depressed, my sleep pattern is all over the place, and eating either I dont feel hungry or I just fill up with sugary stuff or fast food, this is turn has aggravated my IBS, which in turn heightens anxiety, that it is not IBS but something sinister.
    I know what I should be doing but need to head space, ANYWAYS IT FEELS BETTER FOR WRITING IT DOWN.

Re: Feeling low & usless

I am sure you will be able to have something done for your knee maz.
    You will most likely to have an Xray to see what you can be done.
    Maybe you could discus your IBS trouble too.

Thank you, had x ray and MRI, just waiting to see my Dr for the results etc.

Hello, I understand your feelings; I went back to work because I couldn't stand being retired. I've had a number of operations --now my knee is going! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Hi,

I was walking around with a broken knee for three months before they diagnosed it (I sometimes go too far the other way when ignoring hypochondria!)

Anyway, this is just to say, I had surgery to 'remove bits' (ie cartilage and bone fragments, I guess) after which the surgeon told me to 'come back for a knee replacement when the pain gets too much'.

That was about 4 years ago. After I'd recovered from surgery (took a few weeks and I never thought it would ease) I haven't had any pain whatsoever - to the extent tha I sometimes forget which knee it was...

You're very valuable and interesting, there's only so much control you have over the wear and tear the body takes and the ailments that come to us all eventually. It will take a long time to adjust and I hope you have support to help you come to terms, it doesn't mean life is over or empty even though it surely must be depressing as hell to observe what is happening and the implications for your daily life, I hope in time you do not feel as low and there can be relief and management regarding the pain and uncertainty. Your body does need good nutrition especially when your sleep and stress levels are suffering, I know that sounds very simple to say but even one decent meal a day if you can manage it would be a great step.
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

Wishing you all the best with your knee and anxiety Maz. It's a struggle but im sure they'll be able to fix it!

Keep on truckin' on!

Pregabalin 300mg

Hey maz55, plz don't feel low it's a knee pain and it's not a rare health condition.

Hi Maz55,

I sent you a pm. Sorry to hear your going through rough time of it, you will get through this. thinking of you.

Thread Information