Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiralling

Re: Phantom smell?

i do want help

My OH has just cried because he thought I was doing so and now im at square one. He's right, I've checked freckles today, checked my toe fungus (there for ayear apparrently), sniffing air through blocked nose.

I'm am sabotaging happiness

Yes you are so why not STOP it and stop posting on here and get on with living!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Rebecca,

You’ve had so much good advice and I know (really know) that’s it’s hard to take sometimes but please can I suggest that you take some time out and get some professional help for your issues. I know it’s tough, especially when others trivialise your problems because they don’t understand but trust me, you are going to be fine as long as you seek help and work at it. I’m not going to comment on smells or anything else you’ve mentioned because it’s
    not relevant.

Take care and listen to what we’re saying, please.

Pip xx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    I'll take you at your word try and post something tomorrow when it's less late. But if I start to get the feeling I'm wrong I'm out of here.
    Just a suggestion, but why not do this 'therapy' session via private message axolotl and not openly on the thread. The admins are doing their very best to discourage Rebecca's threads for a while, so please respect that. I'm sure you understand.

Cath S

---------- Post added at 02:50 ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 ----------

Ok, I really didn't want to get into this too deeply, I was only trying to back up what the admins are trying their best to do here...but it never works, it never does. So that's all from me except to say something to Rebecca.

I personally think you are a disgrace. You are the complete opposite of what this forum is all about. You make a mockery of all the genuine sufferers here...you have no interest in anybody other than yourself. Do you ever read other threads? Ever think about offering help to others the way they try to help you? In all the years I've known you I've never once seen you on anybody else's threads.

And after all the years I've known you my gut tells me you're playing games, and that you know that I know you are and it's why you ignore me...i'm not entirely sure what the admins think, but constantly having threads closed down speaks volumes. I'd be ashamed to post the way you do...always demanding that people reply and always the bumping of threads until somebody does. That's inexcusable behaviour after all these years Rebecca.

My advise to you tonight is to accept what the admins are telling you and take a break. Give the people who have real mental health issues on this forum some respect and give them a break too.
    Last edited by Catherine S; 28-12-17 at 01:54.

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    My OH has just cried because he thought I was doing so and now im at square one. He's right, I've checked freckles today, checked my toe fungus (there for ayear apparrently), sniffing air through blocked nose.

I'm am sabotaging happiness
    I'm afraid this is just what happens when we don't get the help we need and spend time changing our behaviours. Your CBT course was far too short and it takes longer to really change.

What are your options for further treatment? If they were an IAPT, which I suspect was the case, they can put you on the list for a longer CBT treatment. This would be better for you.

You want help but you need to take steps to start it or how you are now, which is how you were before your course, is likely the way you will keep feeling.

So, will you call that therapy service and see what they can do? If they say no or you aren't ill enough, get a GP to refer you as they can push them to put you on the list. Beyond this there is really only the long wait for CMHT access (which is a GP referral, not self referral) or meds in terms of the NHS.

What you need to do is work on your reaction to your triggers and your thoughts. Get strategies in place and do them. This may mean many things and reduction of reassurance seeking is definitely one of them.

So, get your books out. What are they telling you to do right now?

I feel like I want to give you advice based on my journey of the last five months, for as much or little as it's worth. However this is too real and raw to me to waste my time on people taking the mick and who are just rehashing nonsense because they're attention seeking and looking for arguments. Life is too short and recovery too precious for vampires of time and effort and emotion. But happy to try my best for people who genuinely want help.

So which is it? And please have the respect to be honest.
    I am interested to know your journey

Quote Originally Posted by Potter86 View Post
    I am interested to know your journey
    Sorry, I've remembered this forum isn't the right place for such openness. Moment of tipsy weakness last night.

Sorry, I've remembered this forum isn't the right place for such openness. Moment of tipsy weakness last night.
    Ok no mither

Sorry, I realise that wasn't very friendly and it was said in a bad mood.

But two of the things I've learnt which I was going to say to the OP, for the little help they would give.

Anxiety is something that sits with you and is constantly looking for targets. I think of it as like a rubber ring round my waist with long, stringy overactive arms that are scrabbling and fumbling around for things to latch on to. Everyone has one of these things, it's part of the normal human survival mechanism, but ours are hyperactive and grabby and won't settle down. When we get anxious and latch on to a fear we're not coping with something new. It's exactly the same thing you always experience - whether your fear is about a weird bruise or the state of the world or making a fool of yourself in a social situation, your anxiety's grabby arms have just found something else to excuse its existence. This is why "symptom" posts (bar the very occasional one where we are in a particularly bad spiral and need someone to bark some logic at us) are pointless, tedious and thinking about anxiety entirely wrong.

Secondly this forum is occasionally helpful but professional help is the only way to get out of this. If someone hasn't had it, seek it. If someone's had it and it hasn't worked, seek out more or different.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information