Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stepping back as Admin

Re: Stepping back as Admin

I'm the same about the weather Emmz. :(
    And so many cloudy, dull days. 2mrw is a better forecast.
    I've had relapses before, but never this bad.
    I feel Anxiety is attacking me from all angles.
    I've given up alcohol completely and drinking so much water.
    I carry a bottle of water everywhere, which also acts as a coolant when one of those horrid hot flushes come on. The grounding is hard, but I find the nostril breathing quite effective as it doesn't make you go dizzy.
    Hope some of that helps you.
    You are not alone in this. x

Hope you feel better soon.

All good wishes to you x

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time, VBJ

You absolutely need to be focusing on yourself and getting better.

Wishing you a happy and healing 2018

Venus, I see despite saying this you are still battling away in a certain corner of this forum that the rest of us have given up on.

I know what it's like to have to pare back on using this forum when your own health is at stake, and I'm not even an admin. Look after yourself, rather than others who sadly can't be helped on here no matter how hard we have tried.

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    As a few of you know I am very much struggling with my own mental health.

All of the admins and moderators suffer from mental health problems too we are not immune especially when things are happening on the forum.

and to be honest dealing with some of the arguments and threads on here is making me worse.... sometimes it distracts me and other times it makes me worse.

So I have decided that for now I am going to step down as a visible admin on the forum for a couple of weeks until my brain has healed a little.

I need to look after ME rather than the 1,056 active members on here.

I will be in the background and occasionally you may see me pop up deleting threads from time to time and I will still be an admin but just taking a back seat While I get my head together...

As Arnie says..... I will be back!!!!
    How are you getting on?

There are quite a few times where I'm really slow in responding to PM's. My symptoms & GAD problems come into play with things like email (a remnant of my work stress issues that pushed me off in relapse) so I can struggle to keep up. It's nothing personal to anyone and in no way reflects my feelings about their PM or them and I find myself having to explain this so it doesn't impact on them. Sometimes so much time has elapsed that it seems pointless to respond.

So, at times I may seem rude on PM. But it's actually about my mental health.

Just popping this in because in previous years I've found myself trying to keep on top of all that and not working on my own health.

I've found people I've explained this to are very understanding, which helps me as I have a tendency to kick myself over it.

sorry been trying to stay away and failing badly

NMP is kind of part of me and it seems natural to post on here and do admin type things :/

I am lucky to have such a brilliant group of friends around me offline and online.... whoever said that online friends are not real friends is a pile of tosh I have met so many people online who I do consider true friends, even though I have not met them in person. Then there are the ones which started as an online friendship and has gone on from there to meeting up

Right now to my head

My brain is improving very slowly, I have my good days and I have my bad days and really bad days.

Still trying to follow CBT4Panic.

The Observor position seems logical..... that you aren't your thoughts, you are the person who is watching those thoughts hating them... son you yourself are fine, just having these horrible thoughts...... I say it is logical, it is but trying to get my head round it is another matter!!

I am also doing the going towards the panic and letting it be.. grounding myself and not being frightened of the thoughts as it is just my fight or flight going haywire and making a mistake

I have my Birthday Party 10 days today. I have my fingers tightly crossed that that will go ahead still

thank you all again

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

The Claire Weekes books were the CBT for us back in the day, and her advice is still very relevant today. I still have mine from the 1980s and dip into them when the need arises. Glad to hear you're getting there Venus.

Cath ☺

Just make sure you are healthy both physically and mentally on your birthday,and rest up we need you all.
    Take Care of You.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information