Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning sensation on anus short time after drinking alcohol?

Burning sensation on anus short time after drinking alcohol?

Basically what the title says... has anybody else ever experienced a burning sensation around their anus shortly after drinking alcohol? I'm talking within minutes after my first couple sips.

I've been drinking for years and this happens probably at least half the time... and it goes away after a few minutes and isn't really painful or anything. It also stays gone even when I keep drinking... it just burns for a few mins right after I start.

I thought it was normal until I mentioned it to the group of friends I was with and apparently it is not?? I also cant really find anything on google about it...

If anything I am anxious over this because nobody else seems to have any clue what I'm talking about! At least with this one I dont think I'm dying since its been happening for years..

Re: Burning sensation on anus short time after drinking alcohol?

Another first on NMP!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Another first on NMP!

Positive thoughts
    Literallt cant find ANYTHING about it online... but I suspect its something that people would tend to avoid posting about :thinking: so hopefully at least SOMEONE here knows what I'm talking about

I could see it if you were doing jalapeno shooters the night before but this?

It's been happening for years and you're still here so I would just deal.... It really is amazing what worries some folks though

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

FMP, I've noticed a dichotomy among HAers. Some worry about the symptom in and of itself, and others (like myself) worry only about what the symptom may mean. I couldn't give two hoots about a burning ass

Are you a Hollywood actor and did you fall asleep at any point during a party?

I'm pretty sure I've seen a thread about this before on here.

Alcohol is supposed to impact on piles from what some have said on here, not that I noticed this with mine through my drinking days, so do you have any of those?

---------- Post added at 02:34 ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melfish View Post
    FMP, I've noticed a dichotomy among HAers. Some worry about the symptom in and of itself, and others (like myself) worry only about what the symptom may mean. I couldn't give two hoots about a burning ass
    It's also quite typical of anxiety sufferers outside of HA. We may know it's anxiety but the symptoms are distressing. Obviously different to what you are talking about though.

I've always struggled more with symptoms than thoughts.

Yeah, if I knew that a burning ass were a symptom of an awful neurodegenerative disease, it'd be another matter ...

Quote Originally Posted by melfish View Post
    Yeah, if I knew that a burning ass were a symptom of an awful neurodegenerative disease, it'd be another matter ...
    It was always a sign of a good night out to me...ooh, that might not sound how I meant it

Vincy...Serious question while we're at it.... Are there certain types of alcohol that do it? Whisky vs. vodka? Sour vs. Sweet? Just a wild guess but maybe it's a unconscious physio/mental reaction to a certain stimulus

Positive thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It was always a sign of a good night out to me...ooh, that might not sound how I meant it

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

On a serious note, if I didn't know tongue quivering was associated with ALS, I wouldn't give a crap about it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information